Bone Scan 4-16-10

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had a bone scan yesterday morn because have been having pain in back between shoulders and my PA wanted to rule out anything except the arthritis that has been there for years but never hurt. Well - the machine decided to attack me! It was done at a different place than the previous one and I think that maybe it was an older machine. Anyway the tech told me that it would rise and fall as it reacted to body temperature to keep a consistant height. It did til it was about half way down my body and then it decided to come down and touch me. The tech came in and adjusted somethng and it went good for the rest. Possibly/probably the problem was because I never (or very seldom ever) get above 98.0, usually in 97.something or even a high 96.

Jan (my PA) got the report in the afternoon and the only 'thing' that showed is the artritis but it has gotten a very small bit worse. So I have no Dr. appts. til August (unless something happens) which is a year since DX.

Susan

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Glad it wasn't cancer but
    Glad it wasn't cancer but sorry your arthritis is worse. You got your results back fast! That is good. Maybe the scan machine wanted a hug! hee hee.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Glad it wasn't cancer but
    Glad it wasn't cancer but sorry your arthritis is worse. You got your results back fast! That is good. Maybe the scan machine wanted a hug! hee hee.

Being silly
    Well - considering that this was at a VA hospital, that sees mostly guys, "Machine" might have liked 'seeing' a gal (even a one boob gal). LOL

I was really surprised when the Tech told me that the Dr would review the test and Jan would have a report by that afternoon. Then when it actually happened I was dumb struck. I don't know if the entire report has been written or not but the main reason for it was definately addressed quickly. Actually VA has been fantastic throughout my journey since last Aug 7.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Rague said:

Being silly
    Well - considering that this was at a VA hospital, that sees mostly guys, "Machine" might have liked 'seeing' a gal (even a one boob gal). LOL

I was really surprised when the Tech told me that the Dr would review the test and Jan would have a report by that afternoon. Then when it actually happened I was dumb struck. I don't know if the entire report has been written or not but the main reason for it was definately addressed quickly. Actually VA has been fantastic throughout my journey since last Aug 7.

Congrats that it wasn't
    Congrats that it wasn't cancer again. So sorry the pain is your arthritis. I hope they can give you something for that. They have medication out that you can take orally just for arthritis. Good luck Rague!

Sue :)