One year ago tomorrow

Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
April 15 2009 is when I began this journey. I heard the words "you have cancer" Wow, I have come a long way thanks to all of you who were there for me every step of the way. As I look back on the year and all the panic and anger and emotion I have been through, I made it through.I remember when I posted the words "I can't do this " Hard to believe it's been a year already and I did it. April 15 is also my grandsons birthday. I missed his first birthday last year, but I plan on being there for all his birthdays. Thank you to all my sisters here.
Kathy

Comments

• TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    Happy Anniversary! You must
    Happy Anniversary! You must celebrate. I'm sure you do everyday. I am so happy for you! I can't wait for my one year! Good for you!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Happy Anniversary, big time!
    Happy Anniversary, big time! You did it! xxoxoxo Lynn
  • Youcandothis
    Youcandothis Member Posts: 79
    Found this site late
    Wish I'd had it to help me through all the steps. NED and I have been together over a year now, he's a grand guy. So happy for you!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)

Kat congrats on getting through it all and helping others along the way, now its time to celebrate!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR GRANDSON!
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Hey, Kat
    Hey, Kat,

Happy anniversary. I hope you feel as good as I do. My anniversary is coming up in a few days and I am just so happy to be alive and see the spring and summer, you know?

Take care,

P
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Kathy, congratulations on
    Kathy, congratulations on your anniversary!! It really is amazing what our bodies can withstand. I'll be hitting the one-year mark in a couple of months myself. I, too, never thought I'd get this far. Time really does fly by. Enjoy your grandson's birthday and the many more he will have!!
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Me, too - April 15
    I also received my diagnosis on 4/15/09 - what a shock it was. I didn't find CSN until I was well into radiation, and sure wish I had known about it earlier. So now I'm passing the word to anyone who might benefit from all the wonderful women and men here, with their knowledge, caring, love, cyber hugs, etc.

Yahoo - one year down, many more to go!
    Barb
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Happy Anniversary
    and may you have many many more.

Sending Hugs

Donna
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Grateful and Happy for You
    Kathy, I have been thinking of you today, and remembering your journey, which was starting as I was finishing chemo. Your chemo seemed to go on forever, even to me! But you stayed the course, no mattter what else was going on. I hope you feel proud of the commitment and endurance you showed.

Happy 2nd Birthday to your little guy. You'll be there to celebrate many more in the years ahead.

Moops
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    lynn1950 said:

Happy Anniversary, big time!
    Happy Anniversary, big time! You did it! xxoxoxo Lynn

Wishing you Happy
    Wishing you Happy Cancerversary too!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Congratulations
    Kathy! A year behind you!And you did do it!
    Hope you enjoyed your grandson's birthday!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Congratulations
    Kathy! A year behind you!And you did do it!
    Hope you enjoyed your grandson's birthday!

Kathy
    Congratulation! happy birthday to your grandson and his parents!
    You are a winner and the worse is behind you.
    Celebrate and enjoy!