Update on me

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We went to see the Radiation Onc at the University of Miami for a consultation today. I had lots of questions that I needed answered and went there even though I knew that I would probably have rads done a little closer to home. Because of the issues I had while taking chemo I wanted to be sure I was getting honest and truthfull information. I am trying to schedule an appontment with the Radiation Onc that she recommended. He works at a hospital about 24 miles from our home. Hopefully all will work out as it should and I will start rads before the end of this month.

Now about the dog. We took Lucky to the vet and had them give her all of her shots, worming, Heartguard and Front line. Vet says she is about 9 months to a year old, weighs 49.8 pounds and is a Catahoula Hound. She is a hunting dog. I thought sure she would have a chip but no chip. We are having her spayed today and then we will try to find a good home for her. There is just too much going on in our lives for us to keep her. She is a good dog and very affectionate but we want to travel when I retire in Sept and it would not be fair to her to board her for weeks at a time. I have a couple of people at work that might be interested and I am going to post a pic of her at the vets office. If I can figure it out I will post pics on the Expressions Page.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Hugs to all

Donna

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Donna, I was really happy to
    Donna, I was really happy to read that things are progressing for you. Before you know it, you will be finished with rads. I sure do hope, for your sake, that you get to do the rads closer to home. But, most importantly, is to do them. As far as Lucky, all I can say is she has a very appropriate name. Lucky for her you came along and got her all straightened out and ready to enjoy the rest of her life with a new family. You did good!! Take care and keep us updated as you progress through rads. (((Hugs)))
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Pic is Posted
    She is smiling for you.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member

Pic is Posted
    She is smiling for you.

Absolutely beautiful dog.
    Absolutely beautiful dog. She is smiling!! Someone is going to be very happy. Thanks for sharing.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    MyTurnNow said:

Absolutely beautiful dog.
    Absolutely beautiful dog. She is smiling!! Someone is going to be very happy. Thanks for sharing.

Glad to read that you are
    Glad to read that you are moving along in your treatment. Love the pic of your dog!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565

Pic is Posted
    She is smiling for you.

She looks
    like such a sweet dog!Hope she gets a good home!
    And I hope that your rads go well and that they go by fast!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

She looks
    like such a sweet dog!Hope she gets a good home!
    And I hope that your rads go well and that they go by fast!

Donna
    Thank you for update.
    Good luck with radiation. Cute dog!