Dry skin

Chemo_Princess
Chemo_Princess Member Posts: 105
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
My skin is awful--so dry that I break out. I look like a 13 year old going thru puberty. ha. So I was wondering if you all know of a good skin cream. I use aquaphor at nite but I can't use it during the day-- I don't want to walk around with it on my face. I need a good face cream. I was an oil of olay user but it just doesn't moisturize enough anymore. Thanks in advance!
Blessings to my fellow Teal Warriors :-)
~Natalie

Comments

• minky1225
    minky1225 Member Posts: 70
    I like Lancome and Mary Kay products
    I switch between Lancome Absolue and Mary Kay moisturizing lotion. You might also want to buy a moisturizing facial cleanser or just use the olay wipes.

Hate when I break out!
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Hi Natalie,
    I have a

Hi Natalie,

I have a suggestion about an ointment you could possibly try.

If you go to any drug-store or pharmacy pick up a plain old tube of Vitamin D ointment this helped me sooo much when my skin was constantly cracking from the doxil I was on.

Apply it liberally to the areas and then sometimes just to have a pretty fragrance on top, I would apply a good-quality smell good fragrance i.e. Bath & Body Works body lotions on top of the vitamin D ointment.

It gave me so much relief.

Just my suggestion, it's nothing fancy but it sure gave me much relief!

Hang it there, this is just one of those rough patches you've got to get through.

Take care,

Sharon
  • Susan523
    Susan523 Member Posts: 231 Member
    I get dry from chemo, too
    Yes, I know that awful feeling.

I have been using Clinique Superdefence SPF25 for Dry/Combination skin.

Before that I was using Jan Marini skin cream, but it just didn't cut it. I've been happy since trying the Clinique, but also be sure to use a good skin cleanser in the shower.

xoxo
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980 Member
    Susan523 said:

I get dry from chemo, too
    Yes, I know that awful feeling.

I have been using Clinique Superdefence SPF25 for Dry/Combination skin.

Before that I was using Jan Marini skin cream, but it just didn't cut it. I've been happy since trying the Clinique, but also be sure to use a good skin cleanser in the shower.

xoxo

At night I use Mary Kay Super Emollument (sp?) cream.
    Mary Kay makes an ointment that looks like pink Vaseline and comes in a tube that I swear by. It has even healed up my dry cracked feet and I would never go to sleep without using it around my eyes. (It probably IS just "pink Vaseline" and I'm paying $12 for a little tube; HA!) I use Clinique as a day moisturizer and it really helps with the wrinkles around the eyes and makes drawing on eyebrows much easier.

I'm one of those women that has some kind of lotion on every inch of my body at all times, as I hate the itch of having dry skin. I love Shea Butter for my legs and feet, but will use Bath and Body Works or any of the store brands when I am too cheap to spring for the Shea Butter. I also find liquid Vitamin E is a great choice, and I've picked up cheap Cocoa Butter at the Dollar Store and have been surprised how great that works for your legs and feet, too. (Petroleum Jelly and Cocoa Butter are both cheap and effective if you are on a budget.) I'm careful to use soaps that don't dry, too.
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Mary Kay
    I've been using Mary Kay's Advanced Moisture Renewal Treatment Cream, which has been keeping my dry skin moisturized. I have the Extra Emollient Night Cream that Linda mentioned, but it's too heavy for me to use all over my face.
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member

Mary Kay
    I've been using Mary Kay's Advanced Moisture Renewal Treatment Cream, which has been keeping my dry skin moisturized. I have the Extra Emollient Night Cream that Linda mentioned, but it's too heavy for me to use all over my face.

Dry skin
    I am so glad to read your posts. I have really dry skin and have no idea what to use. As I am in the UK I will try to find a vitamin D cream. I just love the bath & body works creams. I visited New york 2 years ago on holiday and bought some. However I can't get it over here!!!!

Do any of you ladies use anything in the bath to moisturise your skin?

Tina xx
  • Susan523
    Susan523 Member Posts: 231 Member

Dry skin
    I am so glad to read your posts. I have really dry skin and have no idea what to use. As I am in the UK I will try to find a vitamin D cream. I just love the bath & body works creams. I visited New york 2 years ago on holiday and bought some. However I can't get it over here!!!!

Do any of you ladies use anything in the bath to moisturise your skin?

Tina xx

Yes
    I have a portable heater in the bathroom, as we have cold winters where we are. I make sure that bathroom is toasty warm before I go in! And I use a moisturizing soap or liquid body soap.

One day I was dreading putting on cold lotion; and I discovered that if I set the lotion bottle in front of that heater while I'm showering, it is perfectly creamy & warm when I apply it afterward.

I have been using Aveda lotion for body. I admit, sometimes I don't have the energy to apply it everywhere, but I HAVE to get those itchy, dry areas (back, arms, stomach).

My friend in Scotland uses "Lush" products; (although she doesn't have cancer). But she loves them. Maybe you can find those there ??

xoxo
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Susan523 said:

Yes
    I have a portable heater in the bathroom, as we have cold winters where we are. I make sure that bathroom is toasty warm before I go in! And I use a moisturizing soap or liquid body soap.

One day I was dreading putting on cold lotion; and I discovered that if I set the lotion bottle in front of that heater while I'm showering, it is perfectly creamy & warm when I apply it afterward.

I have been using Aveda lotion for body. I admit, sometimes I don't have the energy to apply it everywhere, but I HAVE to get those itchy, dry areas (back, arms, stomach).

My friend in Scotland uses "Lush" products; (although she doesn't have cancer). But she loves them. Maybe you can find those there ??

xoxo

Body lotion
    Thank-you for replying. What good advice. I can Aveda in the UK - I've seen it and there is a Lush shop in Nottingham. I too sometimes 'don't have the energy' to apply any type of lotion. When I have been in the shower all I want to do is get dry and dressed!!!! I ALWAYS used body lotion most of my life so I MUST use it now.

Tina xx