final surgery tomorrow

ms_independent
ms_independent Member Posts: 214
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Tomorrow I am having my ovaries and tubes removed laparoscopically. That is the final step in my battle with bc! I feel like I can get on with my life after this is done. It's like I've been living in some sort of strange limbo. I was diagnosed just after moving (hubby took another job) so I didn't have a job yet. I didn't feel like I could apply for a job knowing I going to have more surgery. Tomorrow will be my 4th surgery within a 4 month period. Nothing is planned after that (no chemo, radiation or hormone therapy). There is a chance my plastic surgeon will need to "touch up" my implants but, they are ok at this point.

So, I'm kind of excited. I hate job hunting but, I so need to get out there! I want to meet people and to feel productive. Just wanted to share my good news!

Thanks, El

Comments

• slynch
    slynch Member Posts: 82
    Great
    Great News. Hopefully I will be able to say that soon. I go in for my bilateral mastectomy on Thursday and if all goes well, I will not have any treatments of any kind. I am scared but so ready to get this over with. Anyway, happy for your good news!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    congrats!!
    That's great. Good luck tomorrow and my best wishes for a productive job search once you have recovered. I can feel your relief and your desire to get on with your life. Good for you.

Mimi
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    mimivac said:

congrats!!
    That's great. Good luck tomorrow and my best wishes for a productive job search once you have recovered. I can feel your relief and your desire to get on with your life. Good for you.

Mimi

Good luck with your surgery
    Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

Hugs, Angie
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    That is wonderful news!!
    That is wonderful news!! Wishing for a successful surgery tomorrow and a quick recovery. Be sure to rest and take it easy until cleared by your physician. Also, go get 'em on your job hunt!! It will feel more "normal" to be productive again. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    MyTurnNow said:

That is wonderful news!!
    That is wonderful news!! Wishing for a successful surgery tomorrow and a quick recovery. Be sure to rest and take it easy until cleared by your physician. Also, go get 'em on your job hunt!! It will feel more "normal" to be productive again. Good luck and keep us posted.

Wishing you a successful
    Wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Lex
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    slynch said:

Great
    Great News. Hopefully I will be able to say that soon. I go in for my bilateral mastectomy on Thursday and if all goes well, I will not have any treatments of any kind. I am scared but so ready to get this over with. Anyway, happy for your good news!

Hope you have a speedy
    Hope you have a speedy recovery. Update us when you can!