So many symptoms, could it be?

scripturegirl
scripturegirl Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok, to keep from telling my life story, I'll start with the last three weeks. Began having extreme pain in collarbone and shoulder, numbness in two middle fingers. That lasted 3 days so I looked up symptoms and saw lymphoma( because I have swollen lymph nodes under my collarbone and under my arm). Then noticed several new lumps in breast on the same side. 3 weeks later: I am still having constant pain in collarbone and shoulder and breast, but closer to breastbone and a constant knawing pain under my right rib cage. Also feels very lumpy under ribs and painful. I can push a place in my breast and feel the pain under ribs. I am having a mammo done tomorrow. Sound scary or paranoid?

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Just guessing
    you need to do ultrasound too. Good luck tomorrow and let us know. Do not be scarred or paranoid, do the testing and make an appointment with breast surgeon.
    New Flower
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome, Scripturegirl, to
    Welcome, Scripturegirl, to this group of amazing caring individuals. I'm not even going to try to guess what your situation is but am glad that you recognize it as "not normal" and will have it checked out tomorrow. Please post and let us know the outcome. I'll be sending plenty of positive thoughts your way for a positive outcome. Good luck!!
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Get tested and get to the bottom of it
    Scripturegirl: For sure, get the mammogram, ultrasound - and MRI if indicated. I've been through the breast cancer process - dx, surgery, chemo, etc. My BC was not seen on mammo or ultrasound - just a rather innocent looking dimple in my skin next to my aereola. Well, the 2.5 cm tumor was pulling down on the skin. My primary care doctor was aggressive about getting me diagnosed when nobody else seemed troubled. I wish I'd acted sooner but I know in hindsight that God's timing was perfect. At this point you are your own advocate - fight to find out what's going on with your health and do it now! We're all there behind you rooting you on and will be there for you throughout the process.
    Blessings,
    Beth
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    sounds scary to me
    Scary or paranoid, sounds scary to me. You know it's not normal and you are taking steps to figure it out. Good for you! I know your head is going all kinds of bad places. We've all been there. Lousy place to be.

I talked to someone this morning who is waiting for biopsy results. He said, 'whatever it is--it already is. I can't do anything to change that. So, I'll wait until I know and then I'll deal with it.' He said coming to that realization has given him some peace as he waits. I don't know if that helps you any but, I hope it does.

Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted on the results and how you are.

Hugs, El
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Welcome, Scripturegirl, to
    Welcome, Scripturegirl, to this group of amazing caring individuals. I'm not even going to try to guess what your situation is but am glad that you recognize it as "not normal" and will have it checked out tomorrow. Please post and let us know the outcome. I'll be sending plenty of positive thoughts your way for a positive outcome. Good luck!!

Good luck tomorrow! Sending
    Good luck tomorrow! Sending you hugs and prayers!
  • scripturegirl
    scripturegirl Member Posts: 2

sounds scary to me
    Scary or paranoid, sounds scary to me. You know it's not normal and you are taking steps to figure it out. Good for you! I know your head is going all kinds of bad places. We've all been there. Lousy place to be.

I talked to someone this morning who is waiting for biopsy results. He said, 'whatever it is--it already is. I can't do anything to change that. So, I'll wait until I know and then I'll deal with it.' He said coming to that realization has given him some peace as he waits. I don't know if that helps you any but, I hope it does.

Hugs, El

You all are awesome!
    Cancer or not, y'all are a great group of people to associate with! Well, the mammo didn't get done today bause the clinic lost their contract with the company they were using. But I did see the Dr and she did put my fears a little at ease. She said that the area felt more cystic than cancerous but she definitely want me to get the mammo done. She didn't feel any lymph nodes swollen but also didn't know what to say about the pain. She also said that the area where I was pushing that made it hurt under my ribs is a pressure point. So, I do feel better, but I am going to press on until I get results that make me feel comfortable. So...I wil keep you posted. Should be no more than two weeks to get new contract. Or I could go somewhere else. Either way, I'll let you know! Thanks again...blessings to all!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

sounds scary to me

Hugs, El

Good luck tomorrow!
    Good luck tomorrow!

Post to let us know how you are.

Hugs, Angie
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

You all are awesome!
    Cancer or not, y'all are a great group of people to associate with! Well, the mammo didn't get done today bause the clinic lost their contract with the company they were using. But I did see the Dr and she did put my fears a little at ease. She said that the area felt more cystic than cancerous but she definitely want me to get the mammo done. She didn't feel any lymph nodes swollen but also didn't know what to say about the pain. She also said that the area where I was pushing that made it hurt under my ribs is a pressure point. So, I do feel better, but I am going to press on until I get results that make me feel comfortable. So...I wil keep you posted. Should be no more than two weeks to get new contract. Or I could go somewhere else. Either way, I'll let you know! Thanks again...blessings to all!

Sorry you have to wait, but,
    Sorry you have to wait, but, get the mammo and even an ultrasound. Some women with bc, their lumps never showed up on the mammo, but, did on the ultrasound. Always better to use everything possible to relieve your mind! Good luck!