Prostate cancer drug boosts heart disease risk..

mono5
mono5 Member Posts: 94
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
A common prostate cancer cancer treatment may significantly increase men's risk of heart problems, according to a study conducted by researchers from King's College London and presented at a joint meeting of the European Cancer Organization and the European Society for Medical Oncology in Berlin.

http://www.naturalnews.com/z028520_prostate_cancer_heart_disease.html

Comments

• Trew
    Trew Member Posts: 932 Member
    Hormone Therapy
    Scary! This article is about hormone therapy. I already have a high BP problem.
  • erisian
    erisian Member Posts: 107
    Don't Worry
    It's only about 1%...
    As long as that 1% isn't like the Lupron study's 5% loss of libido.
  • Trew
    Trew Member Posts: 932 Member
    erisian said:

Don't Worry
    It's only about 1%...
    As long as that 1% isn't like the Lupron study's 5% loss of libido.

Erisian, you are on a roll!
    Erisian, you are on a roll! Second day in a row I get my LOL for the day from you.

I shared that info about the risks of elevated heart probems with those on hormone therapy with a male RN today. He reminded me that women who go on estrogen therapy also have elevated risks of heart problems. True comfort in that!
  • nymets1
    nymets1 Member Posts: 26
    Rest assured that many of the men taking HT would have had heart problems even if they didn't take the HT. We (PCa brothers), are generally not the most healthy men in the world to begin with. There is a lot of thought that poor diet may be a leading cause of PCa.

If you are taking HT, you should make sure that your BP and cholestral are under control and you should change your diet.