Relay For Life

Stephanie123
Stephanie123 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i am walking in the relay for life on may 14-15 my goal is too get there..when it starts and then walk to about eleven o'clock or so and then go home..sleep...get up the next morning and walk again till it ends! i hope i can do that but since i'm only 12 i still have all of that little kid energy, if you know what i mean! If you were wondering...i do not have cancer but my godmother, my great grandma, my great aunt, and someone who was like a grandpa to me, and someone who was like my second grandma all had cancer. Am i walking for all of them well in a way yes but i'm raising the money because my godmother just recently passed away from cancer. Its very sad to say but only one of those people on my list is still alive, but the rest will be in my heart forever more! Is anyone else walking in the Relay for life? So far i have raised about 100$ and i haven't even started asking neighbors thats all my family! I cant wait because i have never been to a relay for life walk before, i'm walking with my awesome dad..who i'm surprised he still has energy to do more then 12 hours of walking, so just in case i have a back-up buddy. The most surprising thing is i don't know who he is but he's walking on my team and hes my age! I'm getting tired of hanging with adults...i need my kid time! i hope to see some of you there!

♥stephanie♥

Comments

• Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Way to go, Stephanie! You
    Way to go, Stephanie! You sound like a neat kid. Good job on the money you raised so far! You're doing something really important, and we're all proud of you! You're going to do fine walking that long - especially with your "little kid energy." I wish I still had some of that (: Take care of your "old" dad, haha. And have fun, kiddo!
  • TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    Thank you Stephanie for
    Thank you Stephanie for walking! You are awesome! Our local Relay For Life was just this past Friday/Saturday. I was registered just as a survivor and I was going to walk the 1st lap with my survivor friends, but my arm was troubling me and walking really isn't the best thing for lymphedema. My survivor friends did pick up my goodie bag and I am wearing my survivor shirt right now! You go girl! :)
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Hey Stephanie! My son is
    Hey Stephanie! My son is walking in the Race for a Cure. This is his first time to walk but he is only taking on the 5K. He's old probably to you. He's in his thirties. Good luck on your walk!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Stephanie, I just wanted to
    Stephanie, I just wanted to thank you for raising the money but also let you know I think you are an impressive young lady. At your young age, you have certainly seen too much of this disease. Good luck on your goal and please let us know how you do. Thanks, again!!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    TawnyS said:

Thank you Stephanie for
    Thank you Stephanie for walking! You are awesome! Our local Relay For Life was just this past Friday/Saturday. I was registered just as a survivor and I was going to walk the 1st lap with my survivor friends, but my arm was troubling me and walking really isn't the best thing for lymphedema. My survivor friends did pick up my goodie bag and I am wearing my survivor shirt right now! You go girl! :)

Good luck on your walk
    Good luck on your walk Stephanie! You are doing great!
  • tat2granny
    tat2granny Member Posts: 77
    MyTurnNow said:

Stephanie, I just wanted to
    Stephanie, I just wanted to thank you for raising the money but also let you know I think you are an impressive young lady. At your young age, you have certainly seen too much of this disease. Good luck on your goal and please let us know how you do. Thanks, again!!

Thanks Stephanie
    Just wanted to say thanks from all of us who are in the fight! My Daughter and I are walking in our local Relay in June. It's at the Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol Tn. We are blessed because most people around here will do anything to get out on that track, if they can't drive they will walk! Have you asked any of your schoolmates to join you? I'm sure they'd love to walk with you, then you'll feel you are in a group that can keep up with you. Again thanks, I just wish we had more gals like you in this world!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!!