Doing it makes me proud!

Stephanie123
Stephanie123 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I lost my godmother to breast cancer last June, i still miss her and what hurts the worst is that i never got to say goodbye, one day we had a message on our answer macheine and that was it...she was gone! in may i'm doing the relay for life in memory of her and i have raised about 100$ so far and i'm very proud i feel really good about doing something like this. i always keep my hope high and when i get sad about my godmother i remind myself shes in a better place..a place where shes not in pain anymore..a place where shes watching me and making sure i'm okay and that makes everything okay for me!The worst part about everything is we were supposed to visit her in a couple days but we never got that chance so everyone that has brothers or sisters or anybody with cancer remember you had or have days with them where i didn't so your lucky i would do anything for one more day with my godmother...even one hour but i cant get that! My mom always told me Laugh your heart out..... Dance in the rain....Cherish the moment....Ignore the pain...Live, love, learn Forgive, and forget....Life is to short to live with regret! and shes right !

Comments

• laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Stephanie!
    I'm proud of you for raising so much money for breast cancer and doing the relay. I'm an 8 month survivor and doing very well, got through chemo, lumpectomy and now doing radiation. I'm sorry you lost you godmother to bc. Someday, I'm sure there will be a cure. Thanks for your help!
  • Stephanie123
    laurissa said:

Hi Stephanie!
    I'm proud of you for raising so much money for breast cancer and doing the relay. I'm an 8 month survivor and doing very well, got through chemo, lumpectomy and now doing radiation. I'm sorry you lost you godmother to bc. Someday, I'm sure there will be a cure. Thanks for your help!

Thank You
    its so great that you are a survivor...to me survivors are the only reason to keep fighting and i know one day there will be a cure..and i think that day wont be too long away!!
  • susanleeann
    susanleeann Member Posts: 58
    Amen and God Bless you!

Amen and God Bless you!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Amen and God Bless you!

Amen and God Bless you!

StephanieYou have a lot of
    Stephanie
    You have a lot of wisdom, compassion, good sense etc. The future is in good hands with young people like you.
    Stef
  • Stephanie123
    fauxma said:

StephanieYou have a lot of
    Stephanie
    You have a lot of wisdom, compassion, good sense etc. The future is in good hands with young people like you.
    Stef

Thanks
    i have had a lot of expirience with cancer in my family and friends and i write about things as a way of getting it out of my head and i hope people never give up fighting!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Thanks
    i have had a lot of expirience with cancer in my family and friends and i write about things as a way of getting it out of my head and i hope people never give up fighting!

Stephanie
    I am amazed by your wisdom and determination, We have been encouraging each other and moving forward.
    Thank you for reminding us to keep focus and stay positive. Sorry that you have been dealing with cancer.
    Wishing you a bright future and success in everything what you put your mind to,
    New Flower