Drains gone, whoo, hoo..

youngnana
youngnana Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey All,
I am 2 weeks post surgery, bi-lateral mastectomy. My 1st visit to the Platic surgeon, removed the drains, I was afraid it might be painful, but it wasnt, what a relief..I feel like a new woman. Also had my 1st fill up for the expanders, again not painful. I have become accustomed to the scars, they arent so bad, such a small price to pay for LIFE. I will see the oncologist today and will determine if horomone therapy is recommended. I am a side sleeper, and relieved that I seem to be having no difficuly with that. So many of you are facing that challenge, and I pray that resting becomes easier for you. I am still taking pain meds at night time, but not so much during the day. I find that taking a shower, dressing, doing hair and makeup, going out for a short time poops me out, I wilt, and I'm sore. Those times I take a pain med, and take a nap. I have gone out only twice since surgery. I am hoping in another week to start walking each day. I pray each day that we all have the strength to continue this difficult journey.
Love to all,
Karen

Comments

• marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Karen- I remember what a
    Karen- I remember what a relief having those drains out was. It sounds like you are doing great-keep up the good work. Marilyn
  • lizziejane
    lizziejane Member Posts: 69
    DRAINS
    THE DRATTED DRAINS, HOW HAPPY I WAS WHEN THEY WERE GONE.
    YOU MENTIONED MAKE-UP, DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LOOK GOOD, FEEL BETTER, THEY WILL GIVE YOU A FREE MAKE UP KIT AND SHOW YOU HOW TO DO YOUR MAKE-UP, I HAVEN'T BEEN YET, BUT, HAVE AN APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED.
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND GOD BLESS...
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

DRAINS
    THE DRATTED DRAINS, HOW HAPPY I WAS WHEN THEY WERE GONE.
    YOU MENTIONED MAKE-UP, DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LOOK GOOD, FEEL BETTER, THEY WILL GIVE YOU A FREE MAKE UP KIT AND SHOW YOU HOW TO DO YOUR MAKE-UP, I HAVEN'T BEEN YET, BUT, HAVE AN APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED.
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND GOD BLESS...

Congrats on NO drains! It
    Congrats on NO drains! It feels good, doesn't it! Happy for you!
  • Youcandothis
    Youcandothis Member Posts: 79
    susie09 said:

Congrats on NO drains! It
    Congrats on NO drains! It feels good, doesn't it! Happy for you!

Oh yeah!!!
    What a red letter day getting those things out of your side! Seems like such a minor thing but it is the little things that make such a difference. Keep up the good attitude, exercise really helps.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Karen- I remember what a
    Karen- I remember what a relief having those drains out was. It sounds like you are doing great-keep up the good work. Marilyn

Yeh for you! No more
    Yeh for you! No more drains! Congrats! Take care!

Sue :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Oh yeah!!!
    What a red letter day getting those things out of your side! Seems like such a minor thing but it is the little things that make such a difference. Keep up the good attitude, exercise really helps.

Congrats on no drains!
    Congrats on no drains!

Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Ritzy said:

Yeh for you! No more
    Yeh for you! No more drains! Congrats! Take care!

Sue :)

The dreadful drains :(
    The dreadful drains :( Happy that you are drain free now!
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    im so pleased you're doing
    im so pleased you're doing so well!!!! yay!!!!

Getting those drains out is just the best feeling! Glad you're managing to side-sleep so soon.

i think showering,doing hair and make-up makes you feel better.Even if you're not leaving the house! I go for my second expansion today at 4pm UK time and i cant wait! ha ha

I dont regret my decision for 1 second and i couldnt care less about my scars. Like you said,its a small price to pay for life.

xoxo
  • BCsur5or
    BCsur5or Member Posts: 4
    Karen,
    WooHoo is right! How

Karen,
    WooHoo is right! How wonderful for you! I remember what a horror it was to just have one drain in (I did not have a mastectomy). I can't imagine multiples. Of course, my one drain was in for 7 1/2 weeks......all summer long! This was nearly 5 years ago and I am so glad to have it all behind me.
    You are a strong woman and have a great attitude. Congratulations on how far you have come and good luck in the future. Praying that the journey will only get easier for you.

~~~Bertie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    BCsur5or said:

Karen,
    WooHoo is right! How

Karen,
    WooHoo is right! How wonderful for you! I remember what a horror it was to just have one drain in (I did not have a mastectomy). I can't imagine multiples. Of course, my one drain was in for 7 1/2 weeks......all summer long! This was nearly 5 years ago and I am so glad to have it all behind me.
    You are a strong woman and have a great attitude. Congratulations on how far you have come and good luck in the future. Praying that the journey will only get easier for you.

~~~Bertie

I am WOOHOOing for you!
    I am WOOHOOing for you! Congrats!