I was just thinking...

rene9
rene9 Member Posts: 214
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was just thinking...I think I know where my cancer came from. It seems that it has a lot to do with increased estrogen release, so I'm thinking back to 2001 when I had a tubaligation. Then, I took 2-3 different kinds of birth control pills to alleviate other problems like acne and regulation. In 2006 I began to have other problems and continued to take birth control pills until 2008. In 2008 I found out my other problem was fibroids and had a hysterectomy in 2009. Now, back up...I first found my lump in 2007 and I could feel it well and my dr said I just fibrocystic breasts. When I went to a new dr last year it was dx that I had cancer. For some reason, I feel that beginning with the tubaligation all of what has happened has been a contributor. Though, if I had a fast growing cancer I know I would not be here, being that I felt this lump for 2 years and just trusted my dr.I was just thinking...

rene9

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Ya thinking is not always
    Ya thinking is not always good. This is just something you may never know the answer to. They said I had my cancer for about a year. So did I just get it right after my Mammy that year, or did they miss it ??? Not sure it's even worth knowing, but it's something to think about LOL
    Hugs
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Kat11 said:

Ya thinking is not always
    Ya thinking is not always good. This is just something you may never know the answer to. They said I had my cancer for about a year. So did I just get it right after my Mammy that year, or did they miss it ??? Not sure it's even worth knowing, but it's something to think about LOL
    Hugs

I have always felt that my
    I have always felt that my bc was partly due to the high estrogen birth control pills that I was on. I really believe that. And from some studies that I have read, it states that it can certainly add to the risk. Have you noticed how many more young women are also getting breast cancer? Just my opinion.

Sue :)