Basting a Turkey.......Me!

Kiantae
Kiantae Member Posts: 29
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am currently undergoing radiation therapy and was given 2 lotions to use twice a day. The first is a moisturizing lotion and the second one acts as a barrier to keep moisture in. My husband puts the lotion on for me which I appreciate, but the second cream is really thick and he has to apply pressure to spread it. I am starting to get sore and the added pressure was not fun. Sooooo, the next time I was at Walmart, I picked up a couple silicone bristle basting brushes. One to use for BBQ's and the other one for me. I was with a friend and she asked why I was getting two brushes. I explained to her the second one was for my husband to apply lotion. She looked at me like I was telling her about some kind of sex toy or something. Needless to say we got a good chuckle about it. Anyway, we have been using the basting brush the last couple of days and it works like a charm. I was born on Thanksgiving, so maybe there is some kind of connection. Anyway it was good to laugh about something.

Comments

• lol....lol
    Loved your story! Sounds like something I would have done! Great idea...Just don't get the two brushes mixed up!....lol

Hugs,
    Trish
  • neephee
    neephee Member Posts: 7
    if it works!
    That was very resourceful of you to think of using a silicone brush! I can see how it would make things less painful to apply. I'll have to keep that in mind, should a similar situation arise for me or my family. I like your connection to Thanksgiving too - that's pretty cute!
  • Kiantae
    Kiantae Member Posts: 29
    A girl's gotta do what a
    A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I think we have all learned to think outside of the box once you are diagnosed with cancer. Everything gets so foreign but we seem to make it through. This site helps tremendously.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    I love your resourcefulness, but...
    ...you totally should have just let your friend think it was a sex toy.

Think of all the fun you could have had for the rest of rads thinking up double entendres involving basting brushes...and barbecues...and silicone. :-o :-o :-o

:-) Traci
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    TraciInLA said:

I love your resourcefulness, but...
    ...you totally should have just let your friend think it was a sex toy.

Think of all the fun you could have had for the rest of rads thinking up double entendres involving basting brushes...and barbecues...and silicone. :-o :-o :-o

:-) Traci

Thanks for the suggestion
    Unfortunately my hubby still hasn't even looked at me, so I doubt he'll be willing.
    But when I get to that point, (I'm 3 weeks done today) I'll use your idea myself.
    God blesss!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Mama G said:

Thanks for the suggestion
    Unfortunately my hubby still hasn't even looked at me, so I doubt he'll be willing.
    But when I get to that point, (I'm 3 weeks done today) I'll use your idea myself.
    God blesss!

okay, I laughed
    That cracked me up. Thanks for the story.

Take care,

Victoria