It's All Over--Finally!

Daffodil324
Daffodil324 Member Posts: 59
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I started chemotherapy (FOLFOX) back in September, and today I finally finished the 12th and last treatment! It's been a long time and I'm so glad to be done. I had to have a few postponements because of low WBC and then platelets, which is why it's taken longer than 6 months.

At the treatment center this morning the chemo nurses gathered around and sang and danced for me in congratulations.

Now I'll be starting the follow-up routines--appointments, blood work, scans. Right now I am very happy!

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    WoW!
    Congratulation Daffodil! That's a big hurdle you went through, and how fun that they sang to you! I wish you all the luck in the world that you stay clear! now do the naked happy dance!!!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Look in the Rear View Mirror....
    ....it's all "behind you" now! Congratulations on your accomplishment and best wishes going forward.

-Craig
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    Congratulations
    Congrats on your graduation from Chemo. It is nice that the nurses fuss over you on your last day. Go out and celebrate tonight. Good luck with scans and bloodwork. Margaret
  • TLG320
    TLG320 Member Posts: 167
    Congrats
    So happy for you Daffodil! My husband will be finishing up his 12 rounds next month - we are so excited!
    -Tashina
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    TLG320 said:

Congrats
    So happy for you Daffodil! My husband will be finishing up his 12 rounds next month - we are so excited!
    -Tashina

nice going,go out and celebrate....
    got one more dose myself (mon).....steve
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    What excellent news...
    It's quite an accomplishment to finish all 12 doses. Can I say I'm Jealous? I don't finish all 12 until the end of June. :o)
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    I am really happy for you,
    I am really happy for you, Daffodil! I hope you celebrate this good news.
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    AnneCan said:

I am really happy for you,
    I am really happy for you, Daffodil! I hope you celebrate this good news.

CONGRATS! So Happy for you!
    CONGRATS! So Happy for you! I love oncology nurses they are the best. They cry with you and celebrate with you too! I stop and visit mine whenever I can.
    Kathy
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    khl8 said:

CONGRATS! So Happy for you!
    CONGRATS! So Happy for you! I love oncology nurses they are the best. They cry with you and celebrate with you too! I stop and visit mine whenever I can.
    Kathy

Daffy-von -dilly
    I am so happy for you .....well done....

mags
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    YEY!!!!
    Go out and celebrate! Gotta love the heart of the chemo nurses!
    mary
  • Daffodil324
    Daffodil324 Member Posts: 59
    msccolon said:

YEY!!!!
    Go out and celebrate! Gotta love the heart of the chemo nurses!
    mary

Thank you everyone...
    ...for all the congratulations and good wishes! I know that you all understand what 12 rounds of FOLFOX are like, and what an effort it is at times to get through it!

I knew the nurses had a song for people finishing chemo(starts off something like "Congratulations to you, your chemo is through...") but I didn't know they had a dance too. They were funny, lining up and checking with each other on which foot to start with. They have all been wonderful to me all the way through this whole thing.

Steve and Tashina's husband--it's great to hear that you're both almost through with your chemo too!

Holly, you must be halfway finished, or maybe a little more than half? I felt like I'd hit a major milestone at the halfway point--it's all downhill from there!
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Thank you everyone...
    ...for all the congratulations and good wishes! I know that you all understand what 12 rounds of FOLFOX are like, and what an effort it is at times to get through it!

I knew the nurses had a song for people finishing chemo(starts off something like "Congratulations to you, your chemo is through...") but I didn't know they had a dance too. They were funny, lining up and checking with each other on which foot to start with. They have all been wonderful to me all the way through this whole thing.

Steve and Tashina's husband--it's great to hear that you're both almost through with your chemo too!

Holly, you must be halfway finished, or maybe a little more than half? I felt like I'd hit a major milestone at the halfway point--it's all downhill from there!

so happy for you
    Daffy-down -dilly is now come to town

with a petticoat green and a bright yellow gown.

(Mother Goose)

12 rounds of Folfox is no walk in the park....hugs

mags
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    maglets said:

so happy for you
    Daffy-down -dilly is now come to town

with a petticoat green and a bright yellow gown.

(Mother Goose)

12 rounds of Folfox is no walk in the park....hugs

mags

Congratulations Daffodil
    Well Done! Very, very happy for you. Can't wait 'til chemo is all behind me too.

Best wishes in your new freedom ( no more oxi...!)

-Pat
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Way to Go!
    Good job!
    -p
  • bigCrandy
    bigCrandy Member Posts: 75
    Way to go
    Congratulations, Oh what a wonderful feeling! You deserve a big hug and thank you onc nurses. They do have a very difficult job. May the Lord continue to Bless you. It's all down hill from here. Stay strong! Let us know how everything goes, Randy
  • biglaur
    biglaur Member Posts: 72 Member
    Good for you
    Finishing felt like such an accomplishment. I thought I could handle anything after I was done...I'm sure you will too. Good luck with all the follow-up blood tests and scans...they're sooooo easy compared to what you've been through. Laurie
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Zippity doo dah, Zippity aye,
    Zippity doo dah, Zippity aye,
    My oh my what a wonderful day
    Plenty of sunshine coming your way,
    Zippity doo dah, Zippity aye.

Congratulations!
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Congratulations and best
    Congratulations and best luck to you with everything.
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893

Congratulations and best
    Congratulations and best luck to you with everything.

So very happy for you! What a great feeling it is...
    So very happy for you! What a great feeling it is...

We are all celebrating with you! Great to hear this news.

Lizzy
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Congratulations!
    How wonderful to finish your chemotherapy! You should be very proud of yourself. My best wishes to you for a cancer free life!

Priscilla

Caregiver in San Antonio husband David stage IV recovering from liver resection and now NED