Has anyone had their hip radiated?

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had a catscan done this morning and was lined up and tattoed "below the navel". Has anyone had rads on hip and how bad is the burn? I have a belly (muffin top) and worried it will be quite uncomfortable in the crease by right hip. I also did day 3 of rads today. I'm lucky they get me in as soon as I get there, it hasn't been too much of a bother. I'm not looking forward to the burn and itch of it. Now I have 9 tattoos and will have 6 stickers to try and keep on and marked up like a road map.

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    I just had my breast area
    I just had my breast area radiated Laurissa. Glad they are getting you in quickly. It does take longer to undress than to get the actual zapping. lol

Why do some of you have the stickers and the markings? I guess I should ask my rads oncologist. I just had the 3 tattoos. Or, was it 4? I already forgot and they are barely visible now.

Good luck to you Laurissa!

Sue :)
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Ritzy said:

I just had my breast area
    I just had my breast area radiated Laurissa. Glad they are getting you in quickly. It does take longer to undress than to get the actual zapping. lol

Why do some of you have the stickers and the markings? I guess I should ask my rads oncologist. I just had the 3 tattoos. Or, was it 4? I already forgot and they are barely visible now.

Good luck to you Laurissa!

Sue :)

My daughter in laws mother
    My daughter in laws mother has pancreatic cancer and has had radiation in that area. She never burned at all. I don't know if it like the breast. Some burn some don't. Good luck
  • babebussie
    babebussie Member Posts: 150
    I had rads on my hip for
    I had rads on my hip for pain but they only gave me 5 days of it which helped ALOT! I never had any burn or itch. I guess i wasnt on it long enough. Now when i did my rads on my breast after surgery, WOW!!!! I had like 30 treatments and burnt like hell. I never wanna do that again.
    Why are you getting rads on hip?

Babe
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Kat11 said:

My daughter in laws mother
    My daughter in laws mother has pancreatic cancer and has had radiation in that area. She never burned at all. I don't know if it like the breast. Some burn some don't. Good luck

I don't know anything about
    I don't know anything about radiation to the hip, but, want to wish you good luck Laurissa!