Long term brain tummor survivor

BrianG
BrianG Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
Hello everyone I have not been on this site for a while but back to tell you what I have been doing. Well I do not work and have social security disability and my big hobby is photography and I do alot of senic and nature photography but like to photograph anything. I had a brain tummor removed at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. I now have long term side effects of Radiation. I was 4 at the time and now 35. I have one son that will be 6 next mouth he does not live with me but I see him every other mounth and longer when hes off from school.I have a website you can check out and tell me how you like my photography. Also I am looking for some friends to talk to.
BWGPhotography.ifp3.com
dragonfire282001@yahoo.com

Comments

• keladavis
    keladavis Member Posts: 8
    Good to hear survivor stories
    Thank you for posting your survivor story. It is so good to hear good stories and to hear from someone who went through this so young and survived and is doing well. Good for you. I'm happy to hear things are going well for you. We all need to hear stories like this to keep our hope alive. I was diagnosed at 28 and had my tumor removed at 32. I'm doing well as could hope other than fatigue, and some small memory problems. I know I'll never be the same, but I don't have seizures anymore and I'm living life. I keep fearing that it will grow back. How to you fight and live with that fear? I have MRIs every 4 months, but between then I freak out with every headache. Just curious as to how you deal or dealt with it.
  • lawslegal
    lawslegal Member Posts: 38
    keladavis said:

Good to hear survivor stories
    Thank you for posting your survivor story. It is so good to hear good stories and to hear from someone who went through this so young and survived and is doing well. Good for you. I'm happy to hear things are going well for you. We all need to hear stories like this to keep our hope alive. I was diagnosed at 28 and had my tumor removed at 32. I'm doing well as could hope other than fatigue, and some small memory problems. I know I'll never be the same, but I don't have seizures anymore and I'm living life. I keep fearing that it will grow back. How to you fight and live with that fear? I have MRIs every 4 months, but between then I freak out with every headache. Just curious as to how you deal or dealt with it.

My Son, Michael's a Survivor
    Hi,

Waiting for the MRI results is just so hard. My now 19 years old son is almost a 6 year survivor. I actually just published a book to help inspire others going through a similar situation.

I definitely worry more than Michael when it is time for his MRIs. This past session was the first time I didn't have to spend in bed.

Keep praying and I wish you both the very best.

Sincerely, Laura (Michael's Mom)