emotions

jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All,

I just needed to vent. I had a VERY emotional day yesterday & am still trying to figure out where it came from! I am done with treatments, but will have my other breast removed & reconstruction this summer. I am new to Femara & I wonder if this is why I just melted down after I got home from work. I know I didn't sleep well the night before (sweats, joint pain).

THANK GOD for my husband who is always so kind & gentle with me. I try to put a good face on it during the work day, but yesterday I just fell apart.

Thanks to you all. It SO helps to have a place to share feelings.

Comments

• m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Emotions
    Having cancer, going through treatment, keeping a work schedule, maintaining a home, and trying to be brave all at the same time, takes it's toll on our emotions. At some point we each reach the edge of our resources. Yes, the Femara can have a profound effect on our emotions. It is, after all, an estrogen blocker. The drug that is starving the cancer cells in our bodies (I take it too), can also make us break down in tears, yell at our spouse, children, co-workers, and/or the dog for no apparent reason!--- menapause revisited? How smart you are to recognize that the Femars might be a contributing factor. Now, what to do about it? If you are physically able, even a mild exercise routine will be helpful. Try to establish a regular meal and sleep schedule, and avoid foods that could make you edgy (caffiene, especially). Hugs, Gracie
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Emotions
    Having cancer, going through treatment, keeping a work schedule, maintaining a home, and trying to be brave all at the same time, takes it's toll on our emotions. At some point we each reach the edge of our resources. Yes, the Femara can have a profound effect on our emotions. It is, after all, an estrogen blocker. The drug that is starving the cancer cells in our bodies (I take it too), can also make us break down in tears, yell at our spouse, children, co-workers, and/or the dog for no apparent reason!--- menapause revisited? How smart you are to recognize that the Femars might be a contributing factor. Now, what to do about it? If you are physically able, even a mild exercise routine will be helpful. Try to establish a regular meal and sleep schedule, and avoid foods that could make you edgy (caffiene, especially). Hugs, Gracie

I am not on Femara, but
    I am not on Femara, but tamoxifen. I feel the same way at times. Sometimes it feels like this will never be over. I deal with lots of hot flashs. I look like a tomato and I can't hide it.
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    So sorry you had a tough
    So sorry you had a tough day. Today is a new day and with it brings chances for new thoughts and feelings. I have been there many times and hope it gets better for all of us. I am always so grateful and amazed that when I read posts that I am not the only one with these feelings. We are stronger than we think and will be ok, no matter what. Take care. Marilyn
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Excellent advice from
    Excellent advice from Gracie!! I only have one question....did you feel better? I hope so and please know you never need to apologize to us. We are here for the good news as well as the bad and to provide support, when needed. I hope you are feeling better today! Take care and sending a (((hug))) your way!!
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    MyTurnNow said:

Excellent advice from
    Excellent advice from Gracie!! I only have one question....did you feel better? I hope so and please know you never need to apologize to us. We are here for the good news as well as the bad and to provide support, when needed. I hope you are feeling better today! Take care and sending a (((hug))) your way!!

I do feel better today. I
    I do feel better today. I slept better. I know that helps & plan to take a walk when I get home. Thank you so much for all your kind words. I can't tell you how much it means to me. You all always understand. Now I'm emotional thinking about how sweet you all are! THANK YOU!
  • neephee
    neephee Member Posts: 7
    jphilpo said:

I do feel better today. I
    I do feel better today. I slept better. I know that helps & plan to take a walk when I get home. Thank you so much for all your kind words. I can't tell you how much it means to me. You all always understand. Now I'm emotional thinking about how sweet you all are! THANK YOU!

sleepiness
    I know that when I start to feel bad, I'm probably getting tired and need to go to bed. When I get enough sleep, I'm content and ready to face most anything.

So, I take the cue - when my feelings get down, it's time to call it a day, or at least take a nap.