Goodbye to my old friend Leaky

just4Brooks
just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Goodbye to my old friend Leaky

As they say… All good things must come to a end. I know that over the last 8 months we have became close friends but it is truly time to say our goodbyes. But before you go I wanted to say thank you for being there for me when I really needed you. You did a wonderful job and I would have never guessed that you have a wonderful sense of humor. Like the time when I was at Starbucks and you thought you heard a fellow friend. You squawked, whistled, and made fart sounds loud enough for everybody to hear. Now that was funny. Then there was the time when I ate all them Asparagus for dinner and you had gas all night. Also remember our family Disneyland trip? Now that was fun!! I could go on and on with many funny stories about our time together but we better just say our goodbyes now.

You take care my friend and like the say “Stay out of trouble”

Brooks

Comments

• HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Goodbyes
    are good. Especially for leaky!

Brooks, you're gonna do so good! I'm actually excited for you that you get to use TP the way it was meant to be used! :)

Love ya!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    hilarious!
    Brooks,

You're hilarious! I actually had no idea what you were talking about until the eating asparagus part- thought it didn't make sense that you ate the asparagus and Leaky got the gas- Ohhh! Then I got it- duh!

Glad you can poke fun at it and I'll be thinking of you for your upcoming reversal surgery. Moving onward and forward...!

Lisa
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Surgery Friday
    He's leaving on Friday!!
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member

Surgery Friday
    He's leaving on Friday!!

Just remember Brooks, if you get a leak hereafter,
    it will be all over you now......hahaha.....steve
  • coloCan

Surgery Friday
    He's leaving on Friday!!

it will be all over you now......hahaha.....steve
  • coloCan

Surgery Friday
    He's leaving on Friday!!

three times!!!!!!!think I need a new laptop
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member

Surgery Friday
    He's leaving on Friday!!

Brooks
    Just wanted to tell you Good Luck and glad Leaky is leaving Dodge:)

-Pat
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Leaky BUT Lucky
    Good luck on your reversal this week!
    -Craig
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Good luck
    Good luck on your upcoming surgery,and may you never meet leaky again.
  • Mchapp
    Mchapp Member Posts: 95
    karguy said:

Good luck
    Good luck on your upcoming surgery,and may you never meet leaky again.

Great idea
    I named my PET scan N.E.D.....never thought of naming my friend...I just call it my appendage!
    Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you! My take down is May 13...so keep me posted on what I need to know!
    Bye Bye Leaky!
    Michelle
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Mchapp said:

Great idea
    I named my PET scan N.E.D.....never thought of naming my friend...I just call it my appendage!
    Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you! My take down is May 13...so keep me posted on what I need to know!
    Bye Bye Leaky!
    Michelle

Friday
    haha...good post....another big week for forum members....good good wishes for Friday....so long Leaky :)

mags
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Good luck with the surgery
    Good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yay!
    You tickled me with this one. I'm glad Leaky is leaving the building!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    just think
    You might not be rid of leaky for a while, like a caterpillar he can morph into something else, something new, something just as leaky! Oh, that the happy days might continue for you!
    Of course, I really hope your takedown goes well and you have a speedy recovery!
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Good goodbyes
    Often goodbyes are hard, but I pray this one will be an easy one for you! You'll have to start keeping your TP for your own use now, and stop draping it on the neighbor's trees. ;)

I've told a few other colon cancer board friends the rules for Friday. The 9th is my birthday, and I am not complaining about being hooked up to my 5-FU infusor that day, as it is a gift - my last tx (#12). I could be like any of you, having surgery instead (including one with liver resection, another with lung resection, and you with a take-down). What I expect for my birthday is the gift of "boring" surgeries, with "boring" recoveries for all of you. All procedures done this Friday are required to go smoothly with good results.
  • WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    doing the potty dance for you
    Brook,
    I am looking foward to my reversal also, (been postponed, to do with liver), ,

So for now, really happy for you, Say goodbye to your old friend, ( remember to donate any un used appliances to you ostomy clinic, they need them to give to the un insured).

Doing the potty dance for you.

Live, laugh, play

Winnie
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    good luck
    I'm so glad to hear you're going to have your reversal. Praying for a fast recovery and hope you get back to a new normal soon. On the tough days after my reversal I actually missed my stoma and the freedom it had gave me, especially during chemo. But I'm glad I had my reversal.
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Adieu to the Poo Pouch
    Yes, it was wonderful seeing stumoy and the Magical Poo Pouch go. although, I loved grossing my kids out with it, I know sick. and the blow-out stories. I need a new source of comedy!

Here's to a smooth, hassel-free reversal. Mine was taken down in September. It took about 2-3 months to get stable.

Peggy
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Lol
    Brooks, your a nutter in a good way, scared me with your post, lol
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Sonia32 said:

Lol
    Brooks, your a nutter in a good way, scared me with your post, lol

Goodness!
    I was feeling such sadness......you got me!