CHECKING ON OUR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SISTERS

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good morning everyone, I have heard from my two nephews who live in the San Diego area and they are okay but were outdoors at a park when the quake hit. They said it was "one heck of a shake that seemed like it went on for hours". Please let us know you are okay as you are on my mind and I am sure others minds as well.

♥ RE ♥ (your sister in pink from the northern part of California)

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Hope you are all ok out
    Hope you are all ok out there!

Sue :)
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    thanks RE
    we are about 2 hours from San Diego, and felt it like it was just rolling back and forth, and yes, it seemed to last a very long time. We were far enough away to just have all the stuff hanging about do the swaying thing for a bit. Felt kind of like you were on a boat for awhile and had to get your land legs back.
    Hope anyone who is in San Diego chimes in soon.
    Cat
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    cats_toy said:

thanks RE
    we are about 2 hours from San Diego, and felt it like it was just rolling back and forth, and yes, it seemed to last a very long time. We were far enough away to just have all the stuff hanging about do the swaying thing for a bit. Felt kind of like you were on a boat for awhile and had to get your land legs back.
    Hope anyone who is in San Diego chimes in soon.
    Cat

chiming in....
    Thanks for checking. My little part of San Diego (North County) is in great shape. It was the longest earthquake I can remember ever being in.

Victoria
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    aisling8 said:

chiming in....
    Thanks for checking. My little part of San Diego (North County) is in great shape. It was the longest earthquake I can remember ever being in.

Victoria

Me too, Cat & Victoria
    It just went on...and on...and on.... I'm in the San Fernando Valley (so well remember the Northridge quake), and it was very swaying/rolling here, so I could also tell that it must be far away. Anything hanging just swayed back and forth, but nothing fell over.

I was moving around cooking in my kitchen when it hit, and it went on so long that it did mess with my head -- I had to go sit down on my couch just to figure out whether it was the earth or my head that was still moving!

Traci
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Me too, Cat & Victoria
    It just went on...and on...and on.... I'm in the San Fernando Valley (so well remember the Northridge quake), and it was very swaying/rolling here, so I could also tell that it must be far away. Anything hanging just swayed back and forth, but nothing fell over.

I was moving around cooking in my kitchen when it hit, and it went on so long that it did mess with my head -- I had to go sit down on my couch just to figure out whether it was the earth or my head that was still moving!

Traci

shocks in AZ
    At our outdoor Easter party, the pool water started sloshing over one end, then the other, and the chandeliers were swaying. Lots of people don't know that we get the shocks in AZ, too, just not very bad. Last one I remember was about 20 years ago.
    ~~Connie~~
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    crselby said:

shocks in AZ
    At our outdoor Easter party, the pool water started sloshing over one end, then the other, and the chandeliers were swaying. Lots of people don't know that we get the shocks in AZ, too, just not very bad. Last one I remember was about 20 years ago.
    ~~Connie~~

Where in Az
    Connie where in Az are you, I have family in Buckeye about an hour from Phoenix. Simply wondering if you are near them.

Thanks,

RE
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    crselby said:

shocks in AZ
    ~~Connie~~

Arizona felt it too? Hope
    Arizona felt it too? Hope everyone got thru it alright!