Shout Out To My San Diego sisters~ did you all survive the Earthquake???? 7.2 YIKES!

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good Morning my San Diego sisters~ and points surrounding the earthquake area! Is everyone ok?? Check in with us...

Would you believe that Reggie and I are leaving for a week in SD this morning? Reggie is part of a Native American singing group, and will be performing, and there is a big convention for the gaming industry all week. Reggie wants me to call the hotel and make sure all is ok! I just might! Leave it to us to be driving TOWARD an earthquake~ lol lol

So, sisters, let us know how you all are!

Hugs,
Chen♥

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Yes, hope everyone is OK
    And be careful Chen and Reggie! I guess this means that Reggie is healing well from his surgery? So, just a quick hijack: Chen, I had a dream as to why your tumor markers were higher. You were taking recreational drugs that you would dissolve in your morning coffee! You naughty girl! How weird, huh? Anyway, my best to both of you and to all our sisters in San Diego and the earthquake vicinity.

Mimi
  • chenheart
    mimivac said:

Yes, hope everyone is OK
    And be careful Chen and Reggie! I guess this means that Reggie is healing well from his surgery? So, just a quick hijack: Chen, I had a dream as to why your tumor markers were higher. You were taking recreational drugs that you would dissolve in your morning coffee! You naughty girl! How weird, huh? Anyway, my best to both of you and to all our sisters in San Diego and the earthquake vicinity.

Mimi

Mimi, Mimi, Mimi! That is
    Mimi, Mimi, Mimi! That is funny! I don't know what to make of that dream of yours!! Do I give up recreational drugs or morning coffee? LOL LOL

Reggie is mending though not as quickly as he would like, of course. We are taking ice bags with us; I know that he is hoping he is well enough to golf, and I forsee a swollen knee in his very near future!! :-)

We will be careful~ thanks for the good wishes!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

Mimi, Mimi, Mimi! That is
    Mimi, Mimi, Mimi! That is funny! I don't know what to make of that dream of yours!! Do I give up recreational drugs or morning coffee? LOL LOL

Reggie is mending though not as quickly as he would like, of course. We are taking ice bags with us; I know that he is hoping he is well enough to golf, and I forsee a swollen knee in his very near future!! :-)

We will be careful~ thanks for the good wishes!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen
    I understand that there

Chen
    I understand that there was a hotel in San Diego that had some damage. I have to ask my son in law if his parents, grandparents and all his relatives (ahd they all live in San Diego area)felt it or had any minor damage. Leave it to you and Reggie to race towards the quake. Enjoy, be careful and glad Reggie is mending if slower than he wants.
    And Mimi that was a weird dream and I wonder what a dream interpreter would make of it. Maybe it was just powerful medicine to keep her safe from recurrence.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    fauxma said:

Chen
    I understand that there

Chen
    I understand that there was a hotel in San Diego that had some damage. I have to ask my son in law if his parents, grandparents and all his relatives (ahd they all live in San Diego area)felt it or had any minor damage. Leave it to you and Reggie to race towards the quake. Enjoy, be careful and glad Reggie is mending if slower than he wants.
    And Mimi that was a weird dream and I wonder what a dream interpreter would make of it. Maybe it was just powerful medicine to keep her safe from recurrence.
    Stef

We did call the hotel we are
    We did call the hotel we are staying in~ no trouble there! We will be careful, but as you know~ what to do, what to do???

I like your dream interpretation, Stef! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Chen - you should be fine
    The hotel I heard that was having problems was the Sheraton. Even they were still open, but the top 5 floors had been closed for now. Since you've already called, you're obviously staying somewhere else.

I spoke to my aunt who lives in La Jolla, and they didn't have any damage there. Just some rolling that they could definitely feel. I also felt it up in Downey, but could tell from the fact that it was much more rolling than shaking that it must have been a ways away. We did lose quite a bit of water out of our pool, however.

Hope Reggie continues to feel better, and doesn't overdo it on the golf course!

Take care,
    Cindy
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Chen - you should be fine
    The hotel I heard that was having problems was the Sheraton. Even they were still open, but the top 5 floors had been closed for now. Since you've already called, you're obviously staying somewhere else.

I spoke to my aunt who lives in La Jolla, and they didn't have any damage there. Just some rolling that they could definitely feel. I also felt it up in Downey, but could tell from the fact that it was much more rolling than shaking that it must have been a ways away. We did lose quite a bit of water out of our pool, however.

Hope Reggie continues to feel better, and doesn't overdo it on the golf course!

Take care,
    Cindy

North County San Diego just fine
    Hi,

I'm just a tad north of La Jolla in Encinitas and it was a fun rolling ride, nothing like the Northridge quake (used to live in L.A.). Everything's fine.

Victoria
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    SHAKY GROUND
    Hi Chen, enjoy your week of fun in San Diego. I spoke with my nephew this morning (he resides in San Diego) and he said it was quite the shaker. He and my other nephew and all their kids plus my niece for San Bernadino were all at a park and he said it seemed to go on forever. Per him they are having some solid aftershocks so take an earth quake preparedness kit, you know flash light for lights out (although being in the dark is not always a bad thing) water and muchies.....I don't think too many blankets will be needed. Glad to hear your sweety is doing better, just like a man to want to golf after such a surgery, perhaps he can utilize the golf cart more than not.

Have Fun!

RE