Day 2 of rads done-sticker question

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So far so good. I know in a few weeks I may not be saying the same. I have 3 adhesive stickers on my breast, one is in my cleavage. Do these stickers stay on good? I get pretty sweaty. I'm worried they'll come off. Has anyone had that problem?

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    no stickers, tattoos and
    no stickers, tattoos and marker. I have done 4 rads we are in it together. I am having 33.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Thanks
    Yes, I was given 6 tattoo dots. And I'm marked up like a side of beef. The blue pen they used is smearing all over. Did they do this to you, too?
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    I Didn't Have any Stickers ...
    I never got any stickers. They marked me with markers, then put on tatoos. I feel left out. (I hope is doesn't say "USDA Approved" anywhere on you.) I wonder why they would want stickers to stay on you when you already have tatoos?
    Sharon
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Ah, Stickers!
    I always think of Traci when I see anything about those stickers! She apparently did have problems keeping them on, and got scolded by her techs (for which we all had were ready to slap them!!!).

I didn't have that problem at all, even though I've been getting sweaty several times a day with hot flashes. They finally removed my stickers after about a week and they were just starting to curl up around the edges.

Did they already tattoo you? When they removed my stickers, they told me that they just needed the tattoos at that point forward.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but just be careful in the shower not to rub them off too soon.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    laurissa said:

Thanks
    Yes, I was given 6 tattoo dots. And I'm marked up like a side of beef. The blue pen they used is smearing all over. Did they do this to you, too?

The blue pen!
    Yes!

They put little circles with I told my husband that I felt like a target in one of those kiddie shooting galleries, and that I should just walk back and forth and let him take some shots at me (without a real gun, of course!)

I found out, too late, that the blue ink WILL stain your sheets! I hadn't bought my handy t-shirts, and a couple of nights my hot flashes had me tearing off all of my clothing in the middle of the night. I found some smears of blue on my tan sheets the next day - bummer!!!

It didn't seem to hurt the blue marks, however. They stayed on pretty well until the techs wiped most of it away with the sticker removal. Now I just have the tiny tattoo dots. I've had 13 treatments as of today.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

I Didn't Have any Stickers ...
    I never got any stickers. They marked me with markers, then put on tatoos. I feel left out. (I hope is doesn't say "USDA Approved" anywhere on you.) I wonder why they would want stickers to stay on you when you already have tatoos?
    Sharon

Post-traumatic sticker flashbacks...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Greedy little thing that I am, I had it all -- 3 tattoos, 6 x's covered with clear stickers for the entire 33 treatments, AND marker several times.

I think different rads centers just have different procedures, but I know part of the reason I had so much "branding" (to continue the side of beef/USDA-approved theme!) was that I had both breasts radiated -- a lot of it was to mark what I affectionately called "the demilitarized zone" between my breasts, to keep the radiation from overlapping.

Stickers only lasted about a week on me, even though I was very careful. And yes, as Cindy said, one of my rad techs scolded me like a naughty child when they fell off and they had to redo them, though lots of other women on this board said their rads techs just expected that to happen and were completely cool about it.

Laurissa, if you haven't already, Get Thee to a Wal-mart or Target, and buy a 6-pack of inexpensive men's WHITE cotton undershirts. Between the marker and some of the lotions they may want you to use, it's easy to ruin shirts during rads -- you can wash the undershirts hot water, and they're cheap enough to throw away afterwards if need be. Best $12 I've ever spent -- I absolutely lived in them during rads.

Traci (still having sticker flashbacks!)
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Are they nuts??
    I had two stickers and they never stayed on. I thought they were insane to think they would. I'm on a clinical trial for Biafine and need to put it on three times a day. Add to that a shower every day and fogettaboutit! They would reapply them and ask me to try to keep them on... I just laughed. They stopped and now just mark me every time I go. They rattle off #'s each time and each time they're the same, so I'm guessing it's all good. Good luck, Laurissa; I hope you continue to do well! I'm counting down; just 9 more to go. Right now I'm just a little tan and tight with some tingles now and again. But I hear the worst comes during the last week. Yikes!

Hugs, Mar
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    carkris said:

no stickers, tattoos and
    no stickers, tattoos and marker. I have done 4 rads we are in it together. I am having 33.

They only put stickers on me
    They only put stickers on me during the first couple of treatments, just to make sure the machine was lined up. But, they removed them right after my treatment, and, I never had them again. That is why I got the tattoos.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Marlene_K said:

Are they nuts??
    I had two stickers and they never stayed on. I thought they were insane to think they would. I'm on a clinical trial for Biafine and need to put it on three times a day. Add to that a shower every day and fogettaboutit! They would reapply them and ask me to try to keep them on... I just laughed. They stopped and now just mark me every time I go. They rattle off #'s each time and each time they're the same, so I'm guessing it's all good. Good luck, Laurissa; I hope you continue to do well! I'm counting down; just 9 more to go. Right now I'm just a little tan and tight with some tingles now and again. But I hear the worst comes during the last week. Yikes!

Hugs, Mar

I'm a week behind you
    Hi Laurissa,

I start next week. I went last week and got all marked up then tattooed, three little dots. They haven't said anything about stickers -- just told me that I have my very own little head rest, like that's something I ever wanted:)

We shall see.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

XO,
    Victoria
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Marlene_K said:

Are they nuts??

Hugs, Mar

I didn't have any stickers.
    I didn't have any stickers. They put those lil tattoos on me which are barely visible. Good luck to you with your rads! Keep your creams on and be very gentle with your skin. And, try to get lots of rest.

Keep us posted on how you do Laurissa.

Sue :)
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Ritzy said:

I didn't have any stickers.
    I didn't have any stickers. They put those lil tattoos on me which are barely visible. Good luck to you with your rads! Keep your creams on and be very gentle with your skin. And, try to get lots of rest.

Keep us posted on how you do Laurissa.

Sue :)

I had 35 rad treatments 2
    I had 35 rad treatments 2 tatoo's. I did not get marked up with a sharpie until I had the boosters. Be careful with the marker it stains your clothes. I never thought of a side of beef, but your right LOL.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Marlene_K said:

Are they nuts??

Hugs, Mar

Why do they leave the
    Why do they leave the stickers on you? I got the tattoos, so, there was no need I guess for those. Good luck!