Nipples or tattoos?

Options
step@atime
step@atime Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have had the gel implants put in and love them! My PS did a great job! Now need to decide whether to tattoo or reconstruct nipples then tattoo. If I reconstruct, it will take care of a couple of little imperfections from the reconstruction. I worry, though, about having constant "headlights." I have been told that after I have the nipples reconstructed it is likely that the nipples will always stick out. concept of wearing a t-shirt without a bra is really great, but I am afraid that will go away if I have nipple reconstruction. On the other hand, I have seen really good 3D tattoos and really bad 3D tattoos. I don't want to look "fake." Two "dots" on each side doesn't sound very attractive.

What are some thoughts?

Comments

• Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    Go For It
    The tattoos and nipples complete the breast, makes them look real. Everything depends on the skill of the person who is doing the work. They should have photographs of women who had this work done. Ask to see those photographs. Bring a magnify glass to scrutinize the photos.

Or...you can ask to speak to a number of women who had this work done.

My nipples and tattoss look real. Good luck.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I agree
    I agree that you should ask to see photos of former patients and ask to talk to some former patients from the Dr. It is a very personal thing and definitely depends on the skill of the surgeon. I have just finished a second surgery to "fine tune" the results of DIEP procedure. It all looks great at this point, and I don't think I want to do either one, but that may just be because I am tired of surgeries and Drs for now (had some unusual complications with recovery, but it's all good now) I do like the "smooth" look under clothes, but does look a bit unusual without clothes. You are the one to decide what you will be most comfortable with.

I wish you well, seof
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Go For It
    The tattoos and nipples complete the breast, makes them look real. Everything depends on the skill of the person who is doing the work. They should have photographs of women who had this work done. Ask to see those photographs. Bring a magnify glass to scrutinize the photos.

Or...you can ask to speak to a number of women who had this work done.

My nipples and tattoss look real. Good luck.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

There is a post above this
    There is a post above this one with a lot of others experience. Good luck!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    seof said:

I agree
    I agree that you should ask to see photos of former patients and ask to talk to some former patients from the Dr. It is a very personal thing and definitely depends on the skill of the surgeon. I have just finished a second surgery to "fine tune" the results of DIEP procedure. It all looks great at this point, and I don't think I want to do either one, but that may just be because I am tired of surgeries and Drs for now (had some unusual complications with recovery, but it's all good now) I do like the "smooth" look under clothes, but does look a bit unusual without clothes. You are the one to decide what you will be most comfortable with.

I wish you well, seof

Wishing you good luck in
    Wishing you good luck in your decision. Take care!

Leeza
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    just had surgery
    I just had my nipple reconstruction on April 1...

I am pleased with the appearance.. I decided to go with just a slight nipple reconstruction.. and I mean slight.. I can still wear a tank with out a bra and not look obscene... I will have tattooing in about 3 months... My surgeon just made 2 small incisions on my breast and some how manipulated the skin and made very little nipples..

he also injected fat from my stomach into my left breast where in was a little concave to fill it out to match my right breast..

So I am pleased .. Wish you luck....