Questions from a Young Newcomer

2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Well, looks like most of
    Well, looks like most of your questions have been answered regarding exercise and tattoos. I just want to send my best to you, and have you included in my daily prayers for all of those who are battling this horrible disease. Someone so young, such as yourself, should not have to experience this, but now that you are a member of our club, know that you have lots of experience out here, and everyone is ready and willing to help you through this journey. Good luck in your upcoming radiation, and keep us posted as to how you are doing. Hugs. Judy.

PS. I must have hit on a bad day when I had my tattoos done, as the tech that did my first one tried to stick the needle into my stomach....needless to say, I asked her if this was supposed to hurt that bad, and she explained that I was her first patient to tattoo. After a quick jump off the table, someone more "experienced" finished the other two, which did not hurt at all. Since then, every time I have a test done I always ask how many times the tech has done this. If they say this is their first, I ask for someone with experience. We are all responsible for our own health care, and don't be afraid to squeal when you think something just isn't right.

Everyone has been so kind to
    Everyone has been so kind to answer your questions already that I can't offer much, but, want to wish you the best of luck in your treatment!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Hugs and Prayers
    Looks like you've gotten better advice than I have. (lumpectomy, 9/09 - through chemo into radiation along with femara and herceptin because I am hormone positive) Rad tatoos are nothing. Don't be afraid.

Just want to welcome you to the club no one wants to join, but all are glad we found it. I am so sorry you have to endure this journey at such a young age. Sending you hugs and prayers. Love your smile!
    Sharon