Mild uncomfortable pain around belly after 2-3 months of Davincy

johndz
johndz Member Posts: 33
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Hi everyone with post Davincy surgery. Anyone have experience with a mild uncomfortable pain around belly after 2-3 month after Davincy surgery? Thanks Larry for your email commnent to me. I have done a lot of tests, CT scan, Xray and all are normal. PSA =Zero, ED normal - small leakage when very active ( 1 fairly dry pad a day to protect this small leakage) Thanks for all your comment to make me feel better! Doctor told me that I'm worry and too much anxiety and he give me anti depress medication? I still not agree with this conclusion! because I feel very happy with the Post Davincy resuls and nothing to be depress at all! but also hope it will be correct conclusion and normal to everyone after surgery and the pain will not be from bad news! Just to make sure bad stuff can be detected earlier. Like my PC earlier detection.

Comments

• shane59
    shane59 Member Posts: 86
    still some pains occasionally
    hi johndz I didn,t have robot had radical protectomy that is open surgery below bellie button line almost 4 months ago and still get mild pain somtimes in tummy area arround wound site usually after long walk or drive and at other various times i just think its the muscles returning to normal arround the scar site never really thought about it just lets me know i am alive , best of luck with that one .I have spoken to lots of guys with surgery and it seems to be a common thing . dont personnaly think its somthing to worry about . have a good easter mate and take care Shane59
  • johndz
    shane59 said:

still some pains occasionally
    hi johndz I didn,t have robot had radical protectomy that is open surgery below bellie button line almost 4 months ago and still get mild pain somtimes in tummy area arround wound site usually after long walk or drive and at other various times i just think its the muscles returning to normal arround the scar site never really thought about it just lets me know i am alive , best of luck with that one .I have spoken to lots of guys with surgery and it seems to be a common thing . dont personnaly think its somthing to worry about . have a good easter mate and take care Shane59

mild pain after Davincy
    Thanks, Good to know and not worry too much. After PC diagnoned and surgery, my mind is so sensitive and worry too much for anything can happen to my body w/o symptom or with symptons? - Due to this pain, I push my family, GI and Urology doctors hard with all different kind of lab tests, Xray. CT scan and 1 more MRI to make sure other parts of my body are OK. It is also good to bring this up and share so everyone in same stituation so they will not worry too much about this. After surgery we normally focus too much on Incontinent and ED and not mention about something else? Biside this I'm feeling good about surgery and getting better every day. I like to go back to routine volley ball

Best wishes to you and family.

Johns
    59 year old
    Davincy 12/18/10
    Lowest gleason score PC
    ED normal - very small leakage when active
    Tired fast - may need more time for recovery!
  • Kentr
    Kentr Member Posts: 111
    Hey John
    I don't know your entire story but, is there a chance you are retaining too much urine? I say that because doing so can definitely cause some real discomfort in the belly area. You might ask your doctor. I know it sounds crazy when you're already wearing a pad but wearing a pad doesn't mean you are emptying your bladder as much as needed. Perhaps you need something like Terazosin to help out?

Kent
  • johndz
    Kentr said:

Hey John
    I don't know your entire story but, is there a chance you are retaining too much urine? I say that because doing so can definitely cause some real discomfort in the belly area. You might ask your doctor. I know it sounds crazy when you're already wearing a pad but wearing a pad doesn't mean you are emptying your bladder as much as needed. Perhaps you need something like Terazosin to help out?

Kent

Mild pain
    Thanks Kent, no, I do not hold any urine. My blader empty urine very well with strong flow like teenager! I start took some anti depression medecine yesterday and today and fall to sleep very earlier at night to see it make any different?. I also try to eat easier digest food and hope to make my digest system work less harder! Look like it help! Let see how thing going? I will talk to Urology doctor about your comment too.

Have a wonderful weekend. If this problem gone I will be very happy! life after surgery need to be adjusted to what going on with your body after missing something!!!
  • johndz
    Kentr said:

Hey John

Kent

Mild pain - MRI normal
    Hi everyone, good news for me today is my long MRI scanning process report also normal! I 'm less worrying now!.time and anti-depression medication may help? Anyone have same problem, please let me know. Mild pain like mild stomach ach! not bad, just make me feel uncomfortable - pain location just about 1 inch left from belly button or from my old long surgery cut ( Davinci) or between long middle cut and 2nd small cut from belly button. some time it move around belly button.
    Hope everyone with luck and well cope with a new life after Davincy.

Thanks
  • shane59
    shane59 Member Posts: 86
    johndz said:

Mild pain - MRI normal
    Hi everyone, good news for me today is my long MRI scanning process report also normal! I 'm less worrying now!.time and anti-depression medication may help? Anyone have same problem, please let me know. Mild pain like mild stomach ach! not bad, just make me feel uncomfortable - pain location just about 1 inch left from belly button or from my old long surgery cut ( Davinci) or between long middle cut and 2nd small cut from belly button. some time it move around belly button.
    Hope everyone with luck and well cope with a new life after Davincy.

Thanks

good to here no problems
    Im glad no more bad news .Take time and keep yourself busy it will take your mind of things take a few good walks after dinner they strenthen muscles and help recovery .internal wounds take time to heal your doing well .its time to enjoy life now and look to the future take care now and dont forget to smell the roses.Shane59
  • jminnj
    jminnj Member Posts: 129 Member
    shane59 said:

good to here no problems
    Im glad no more bad news .Take time and keep yourself busy it will take your mind of things take a few good walks after dinner they strenthen muscles and help recovery .internal wounds take time to heal your doing well .its time to enjoy life now and look to the future take care now and dont forget to smell the roses.Shane59

Walks and Exercise
    John,

I had some mild pain as well, until I got back into a regular exercise routine. Walking is a great help along with some abdominal work. I started off with just some mild crunches and am now doing some full blown floor work on the abs. The mild discomfort I had is gone. Take it slow though, don't want to push it too early. Start slow and build your way up.
    All the best,
    Joe
  • johndz
    jminnj said:

Walks and Exercise
    John,

I had some mild pain as well, until I got back into a regular exercise routine. Walking is a great help along with some abdominal work. I started off with just some mild crunches and am now doing some full blown floor work on the abs. The mild discomfort I had is gone. Take it slow though, don't want to push it too early. Start slow and build your way up.
    All the best,
    Joe

Mild pain
    Thanks Shane and Joe. I try to relax with anti Depress and Levsin ( Relaxing muscle) and do some light walking and biking - I did more walking and biking before and look like it getting worse every day!
    I have requested a lot of tests, Xray, Ultrasound, CT scan and MRI due to this pain and all came up NORMAL, this gave me a lot of peace in mind. Last several days I feel much better than before. Thanks for all your supports.

Johndz