Fatigue ?

GayleMc
GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone. I am due for my last of four cycles of T/c on 4/6. This week I am experiencing extreme fatigue. Had blood work yesterday and everything was great. Has anyone experienced fatigue at this stage of the game? I haven't had really severe side effects thus far and I can live with this, just wondering if this is normal. Thanks.

Comments

• laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Very normal
    When I was on chemo I couldn't walk for very long and would get out of breath climbing stairs. My last one was 1/18 and feel back to normal.
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    laurissa said:

Very normal
    When I was on chemo I couldn't walk for very long and would get out of breath climbing stairs. My last one was 1/18 and feel back to normal.

Yes! laying on the bed with
    Yes! laying on the bed with my eyes closed even wore me out. Luckily it will wear off once you finish.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Fatigue didn't even describe
    Fatigue didn't even describe how I looked, felt, acted during chemo! Webster needed a new definition of how I felt~ a delirium the Twilight Zone never even conceived of! So yeah...having our bodies pumped with Beast Killing Poison sorta has that effect on the human body~ especially women, weho try and carry on as normal in spite of it all! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

Fatigue didn't even describe how I looked, felt, acted during chemo! Webster needed a new definition of how I felt~ a delirium the Twilight Zone never even conceived of! So yeah...having our bodies pumped with Beast Killing Poison sorta has that effect on the human body~ especially women, weho try and carry on as normal in spite of it all! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

yup very normal. I felt so
    yup very normal. I felt so physically tired but not always sleepy. body exhausted. Its been since Jan 21, and i was pretty sick and I feel better. although I just started rads so we will see.
  • susanleeann
    susanleeann Member Posts: 58
    my chemo is FEC 100,
    my chemo is FEC 100, different but i agree there must a new word invented for it rather than "chemo fatigue"--just does not do it justice. when i tell anyone that i am just so tired, they tell to take a nap, go home early. tired is not the same as sleepy. yes and having a lie down does not help. could be doing really well, having a good day and the smallest effort is totally energy consuming. let's come up with a better word.
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    extreme fatigue
    i am so darn happy i found this website - i thought there was something wrong with me because i am always so tired, no one else seems to understand this extreme fatigue. i keep telling myself this too shall pass, but in the meantime, yikes!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Yeah, unfortunately the
    Yeah, unfortunately the fatigue will last for months even after the chemo ends.But it does slowly get better.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Fatigue is very normal with
    Fatigue is very normal with what you are going thru. Just having cancer takes a huge toll on you mentally, let alone physically. Try to get as much rest as you can. If you need it, ask your oncologist for a sleeping pill. Sweet dreams to you!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Last chemo was on 2/17
    and just yesterday I finally felt the fatigue easing up. Still there a bit, but I can finally feel some improvement - it isn't so hard to climb stairs, I can walk farther, etc.

I also 4 rounds of T/C.

It will get better!!!!
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member

Last chemo was on 2/17
    and just yesterday I finally felt the fatigue easing up. Still there a bit, but I can finally feel some improvement - it isn't so hard to climb stairs, I can walk farther, etc.

I also 4 rounds of T/C.

It will get better!!!!

Thank you all sooo much. I
    Thank you all sooo much. I already feel better. Still tired as all get out but I did manage to work my shift today.
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Fatigue vs tired
    Fatigued for sure! I had 6 rounds of TAC and never fully recovered after my 4th through to the end. Tired is just tired, but fatigued is something totally different... something I never felt before and hope I never have to again! I was so scared going into rads because I heard it makes you tired too and just couldn't imagine what I'd feel like at the end. But the tired I'm feeling from radiation is much more normal. I also started working out again after my 2nd week of rads and I think that is helping. Exercising wasn't even the slightest bit possible for me during chemo.

Glad you're feeling better already and hope you're on the uphill!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    GayleMc said:

Thank you all sooo much. I
    Thank you all sooo much. I already feel better. Still tired as all get out but I did manage to work my shift today.

Sorry you are fatigued, but,
    Sorry you are fatigued, but, it will go away. Wait until your treatments are finished, but, in the meantime, try to get plenty of rest. I know it is horrible to be so tired, but, you will feel better with time. Just take care of yourself!

Leeza