calabria03 and Christine Louise start chemo tomorrow!

Christine Louise
Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
calabria, ready to start kicking that cancer out? -- We're beginning the same chemo cocktail tomorrow! Got my pudding, jello and other goodies that were suggested in earlier threads. Pillows are plumped on the recliner. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst, as my Mom always says. I hope all goes smoothly for you. Please keep me posted.

Go! Go! Get'em!

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Good luck to you both.
    Good luck to you both. Remember to drink plenty of water/liquids. Now, go get 'em, ladies!!!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    MyTurnNow said:

Good luck to you both.
    Good luck to you both. Remember to drink plenty of water/liquids. Now, go get 'em, ladies!!!

Good luck girls! I hope your
    Good luck girls! I hope your first chemo's are smooth and breezy...mine was fine after I made myself sit in the chair and not run away! The apprehension is so much worse than the actual treatment..so go get um!
    Dee
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

Good luck girls! I hope your
    Good luck girls! I hope your first chemo's are smooth and breezy...mine was fine after I made myself sit in the chair and not run away! The apprehension is so much worse than the actual treatment..so go get um!
    Dee

Good luck to the both of
    Good luck to the both of you!
  • calabria03
    calabria03 Member Posts: 13
    starting chemo
    How did your chemo go today? How are you feeling? Unfortunately mine was delayed by a week. My 5 year old son came down with strep throat this morning. The Doc thought it would be a good idea to wait a week to make sure I don't get it before starting chemo. I was totally bummed out I just want to start this and get it over with.
    I hope you are doing good and don't have many side effects. Just try to stay positive.

Best wishes

Teresa
  • Christine Louise

starting chemo
    How did your chemo go today? How are you feeling? Unfortunately mine was delayed by a week. My 5 year old son came down with strep throat this morning. The Doc thought it would be a good idea to wait a week to make sure I don't get it before starting chemo. I was totally bummed out I just want to start this and get it over with.
    I hope you are doing good and don't have many side effects. Just try to stay positive.

Best wishes

Teresa

Thanks for the luck!
    I sure hope your son is doing okay. I hate when the little ones are miserable. That's a good and cautious doctor you have. It would be hard to suddenly have to wait for the chemo you were all prepared for -- sorry.

Chemo was like when I used to donate blood, only sitting there for a really long time. My appointment was at 10:15 and, based on what they'd told me, I thought I'd be done by 2:00. But I had a wait for everything, plus they started the drip really slow at first. So, didn't get done until 4:30! Long day, but easy and comfortable.

I just feel spacey from the Benedryl they gave to prevent allergic reaction. But, the steroids to enhance the anti-nausea meds have got me all awake and it's bedtime. My husband said, "Just don't get on eBay or the shopping channel tonight, please!" I have taken Lorazapam they gave me for nausea (I don't have any) and to help with sleep. So, I'm hopeful that I won't be awake too long.

Thanks for your good wishes! I'll keep you posted.
  • Christine Louise
    DebbyM said:

Good luck to the both of
    Good luck to the both of you!

You're right
    The apprehension and waiting are so difficult. I don't know what will happen in a few days, but today turned out to be easy. Thanks for you kind thoughts. And, I'm sloshing with water!
  • Christine Louise
    3rd day after 1st chemo
    Had my first Taxotere and Cytoxan Tuesday. Now it's Friday, and I feel fine. Yesterday evening I felt as if I'd had too much wine -- couldn't concentrate, felt slightly hung over. That's the only effect I've felt. I'm keeping after the regular, small meals, water intake, anti-nausea meds a couple of times a day, plenty of sleep. I've run errands with a friend driving, taken walks, been to a stretching class.

It's early yet in the process, I realize, but I'm heartened by things so far. It helps that the sun's out and it's warm, too!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

3rd day after 1st chemo
    Had my first Taxotere and Cytoxan Tuesday. Now it's Friday, and I feel fine. Yesterday evening I felt as if I'd had too much wine -- couldn't concentrate, felt slightly hung over. That's the only effect I've felt. I'm keeping after the regular, small meals, water intake, anti-nausea meds a couple of times a day, plenty of sleep. I've run errands with a friend driving, taken walks, been to a stretching class.

It's early yet in the process, I realize, but I'm heartened by things so far. It helps that the sun's out and it's warm, too!

Wow you are doing well keep
    Wow you are doing well keep it up!!!!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Thanks for the luck!
    I sure hope your son is doing okay. I hate when the little ones are miserable. That's a good and cautious doctor you have. It would be hard to suddenly have to wait for the chemo you were all prepared for -- sorry.

Chemo was like when I used to donate blood, only sitting there for a really long time. My appointment was at 10:15 and, based on what they'd told me, I thought I'd be done by 2:00. But I had a wait for everything, plus they started the drip really slow at first. So, didn't get done until 4:30! Long day, but easy and comfortable.

I just feel spacey from the Benedryl they gave to prevent allergic reaction. But, the steroids to enhance the anti-nausea meds have got me all awake and it's bedtime. My husband said, "Just don't get on eBay or the shopping channel tonight, please!" I have taken Lorazapam they gave me for nausea (I don't have any) and to help with sleep. So, I'm hopeful that I won't be awake too long.

Thanks for your good wishes! I'll keep you posted.

This is late, but, still
    This is late, but, still sending both of you good luck!
  • Christine Louise
    How you doing, calabria03
    Post and let us know how you're doing. Hoping for the best for you.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

3rd day after 1st chemo

You are doing great
    You are doing great Christine! Praying that it continues like that for you!