CHEMO (HAS ANYONE HAD TREATMENTS WITH CISPLATIN AND GEMZAR

d.lee
d.lee Member Posts: 31
HELLO EVERYONE, I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS HAD CHEMO TREATMENTS USING CISPLATIN AND GEMZAR TOGETHER? IF SO CAN U TELL ME THE SIDE EFFECTS U EXPERIENCED AND HOW IT WORKED FOR YOU. ANY INFO. WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK U.

Comments

• cathyK
    cathyK Member Posts: 93
    I had cisolatin andromisin and taxol , have not seen any one else with that combo either, was always told everyone is different and take chemos differently, my doc said the only reason I was getting all three, (which he usualy would not do) is because I was strong enough to take them. he mostly had older women who could not handle heavy doses of chemo, hope you find someone who has same type chemos
    so far so good for me, 5 months after chemo and no recurrance, was told I have 95% chance of recurrance ,
    what stage and grade of cancer do you have? me, stage 4 b grade 3 endometrial cancer .
  • d.lee
    d.lee Member Posts: 31
    cathyK said:

I had cisolatin andromisin and taxol , have not seen any one else with that combo either, was always told everyone is different and take chemos differently, my doc said the only reason I was getting all three, (which he usualy would not do) is because I was strong enough to take them. he mostly had older women who could not handle heavy doses of chemo, hope you find someone who has same type chemos
    so far so good for me, 5 months after chemo and no recurrance, was told I have 95% chance of recurrance ,
    what stage and grade of cancer do you have? me, stage 4 b grade 3 endometrial cancer .

chemo
    hi, thks for commenting. i just started this chemo and it was really not good i was really sick but i have uteran ca. stage 4 i dont remember what grade .it is probably because when he said stage 4 i didnt hear any thying else and i havent asked, that was enough for me.
    so now i will be seeing where i will be going from here.thanks again, diane
  • upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
    My gyn-onc has decided Doxil
    My gyn-onc has decided Doxil not best agent for my recurrence of UPSC stage IV so is changing me to Gemzar as single agent. In researching this (I'm to start next week) Gemzar website indicates your combo is recommended first course treatment for OVCA (UPSC treated essentially the same). I'm checking to see about option of combo with carboplatin as it is listed as rec for recurrence beyond 6 mos post prior platinum-based chemo for first treatment.