VASECTOMY / PROSTATE CANCER ANY CONECTION I WONDER ? {HAPPY EASTER}

shane59
shane59 Member Posts: 86
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
jUST A QUESTION i KNOW SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD VASECTOMY AND NOW HAVE PROSTATE CANCER I WAS WONDERING IF THERE COULD BE SOME CONECTION PLEASE IF YOU ARE IN THIS CATAGORY PLEASE COMMENT ITS MORE PERSONAL RESEARCH , ONCE AGAIN STAY DRY AND HEALTHY ,hAPPY EASTER TO ALL

Comments

• the.wife
    the.wife Member Posts: 20
    My husband had a
    My husband had a vasectomy.

Good question, considering the fact my husband is an outdoor physical fitness nutcase who won't eat bad food, I'd like to hang my hat on a reason for this disease.
  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member
    Study concerning vasectomy and PCa
    You may with to look at this link which indicated difficulty in correlating any data between a vasectomy and PCa.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/vasectomy
  • sidneytrent
    sidneytrent Member Posts: 5
    the.wife said:

My husband had a
    My husband had a vasectomy.

Good question, considering the fact my husband is an outdoor physical fitness nutcase who won't eat bad food, I'd like to hang my hat on a reason for this disease.

vasectomy and prostate cancer
    My husband had a vasectomy too. His father also had prostate cancer and no vasectomy. I think it's just in the dna somewhere. I wish this disease would just go away.....it's hard to deal with.
  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member

vasectomy and prostate cancer
    My husband had a vasectomy too. His father also had prostate cancer and no vasectomy. I think it's just in the dna somewhere. I wish this disease would just go away.....it's hard to deal with.

More than Genes
    Sidney,

I think it's a lot more complicated than genes, although there is evidence that family history puts a person more at risk. I think it has more to do with diet and lifestyle than genes. Prostate cancer rates in the United States are out of control and growing. It's even worse for African-American men. Compared to oriental men in rural China, Japan, and Korea and other parts of Asia our rate of cancer is out of sight. In China, for example, prostate cancer (and breast cancer too) is a rare disease, although as China becomes more "Westernized" cancer rates are increasing. Oriental men who immigrate to the United States have prostate cancer that approaches white males after a generation and Western diets are adopted which tends to downplay the gene aspect. Men in Africa do not have anywhere near the prostate cancer rates seen by African-American males.

One of the biggest differences between the diets are dairy products. The Chinese have virtually no intake of dairy products from bovine animals. 40% of the average American diet comes from dairy products. The Chinese use soy instead.

Something to think about. Lots of literature on the subject is available on the web or you might want to read one of Jane Plant's books on the subject.

It seems to me that if we treat ourselves for the prostate cancer, we owe it to change the diet and lifestyle that likely brought it on in the first place.