Awesome book

mrshisname
mrshisname Member Posts: 186
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
I'm reading "Prostate Cancer Survivors Speak Their Minds". By Arthur L. Burnett II, MD and Norman S. Morris.
IT is a neat book because each chapter is written by a prostate cancer patient, from Arnold Palmer, Ken Griffey Sr, and others from all walks of life. Some chose surgery, some radiation, some other things like active surveillance. Primarily surgery, so the book is a bit biased. BUT what I really like is they all speak about their outcomes, their emotions, and spouses speak too. I found it quite interesting to see so many points of view, so many journeys to decision making, so many different reasons for making the decisions they chose.
It's brand new and available on Amazon, which is where I found it. Copyright date is 2010 so its pretty current, although some of the stories of the patients are from decisions they made years ago.

Comments

• lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Thanks for sharing I love to
    Thanks for sharing I love to read and haven't heard of this book. Will have to add it to my list.

Larry
  • mrshisname
    mrshisname Member Posts: 186
    lewvino said:

Thanks for sharing I love to
    Thanks for sharing I love to read and haven't heard of this book. Will have to add it to my list.

Larry

Thanks Larry
    I'm a big reader too, love real-life stories and autobiography, so with being in the middle of this with my hubbie of course I would like this book.
    Also wanted to say that the doc who co-wrote it is the primary prostate surgeon at Johns Hopkins.
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member

Thanks Larry
    I'm a big reader too, love real-life stories and autobiography, so with being in the middle of this with my hubbie of course I would like this book.
    Also wanted to say that the doc who co-wrote it is the primary prostate surgeon at Johns Hopkins.

I am glad you like to read Maria
    I look forward to hearing all about Arnold Palmer's story on the 16th & 17th.