Mental Health Day

jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone!

I am taking a day off from work on Monday, just for a "mental health day". I have tried so hard to go to work and be positive and have a good attitude. I don't know if it's the Femara, which I am in my second month of taking, or just stress and exhaustion. Some days I just can't put on the "happy face" for everyone. I know you all out there must feel that way sometimes. How do you get through it?

Comments

• pgrace35
    pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
    Hang in there jphipo
    It's ok not to feel the way you do, putting on the "happy" face can be a challenge for all of us. I'm not sure what Femara is for and what the side effects might be. Think it's a excellent idea to take a day, make sure you do something special for yourself and remember you are going through a very difficult challenge in your life. There are many people who don't put on their happy faces either and they don't even have cancer!!! Sending good thoughts your way!
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    I don't know if anyone can
    I don't know if anyone can keep a "happy face" all the time. I am on anti-depressants, which help me alot. There is a thread about Femara going right now. I just started, so don't have much for SE yet, but I've heard that there are emotional SE's. Or maybe you just need a well deserved break. Taking a "Me" Day once in a while is a good thing. Enjoy your day off.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Congratulations and good for
    Congratulations and good for you! Cancer treatment is exhausting and we especially deserve mental health days, just as anyone else deserves them and perhaps more so.

Sometimes I just check out for the day by not answering phone calls, staying in my p.j.'s, watching tv, reading and simply vegetating. Other days, I go to an early movie by myself, get lunch with a good book and enjoy my own company. I've always been a people person, but find that I need more restful quiet time since this cancer dx. Early on someone advised me that I didnt have to be brave to prove anything to anyone and I was quite entitled to my not so happy face days. Its important to be easy on ourselves and remember we have nothing to prove. We will have our good days and our not so good days, and that is a fact.