Coffe cup cake

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I posted this about a year ago and thought some of the new folks here would enjoy it as well so here you go.

You know sometimes you just want a nice warm fudgy piece of chocolate cake but you don't feel like the hassle of getting out the mixer and having all the mess. Well here is a simple little recipe that will meet that need. I hope you try it and enjoy it.

CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE

1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well . Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

WHOOPS I FORGOT TO PUT THE COOKING TIME....PLACE IN MICROWAVE FOR APPROX. 3 MINUTES YOU WILL SEE IT RISE...IF YOU USE A LARGE MUG YOU CAN ADD A SCOOP OF ICE CREAM ON TOP.

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Cook time?
    RE,
    What is the cook time for this?

Margo
  • Nufferz
    Nufferz Member Posts: 55

Cook time?
    RE,

Margo

Cook time
    I have made this cake many times (Thanks RE) and I can tell you that this is the yummiest cake ever!
    The cook time is 3 minutes @1000 watts.
  • RE

Cook time?
    RE,

Margo

WHOOPS!
    Sorry about that its approx. 3 min. whole thing takes about 5 min. to put together and cook. If you use an extra large coffee mug you can add a scoop of ice cream on top. Sometimes hubby and I split one. Enjoy!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    RE said:

WHOOPS!
    Sorry about that its approx. 3 min. whole thing takes about 5 min. to put together and cook. If you use an extra large coffee mug you can add a scoop of ice cream on top. Sometimes hubby and I split one. Enjoy!

YUM YUM thanks for posting
    YUM YUM thanks for posting this. I've seen this before in emails but have never tried it. Will have to do so!!
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    RE said:

WHOOPS!

Sounds absolutely delicious.

Sounds absolutely delicious. I am assuming that it is 3 mins in a microwave? Got any idea how long it migh take in a toaster oven or oven? I don't have a microwave (I am still in the dark ages).

Also anybody out there tried it without wheat flour? I might try it without and will let you know.
  • RE
    natly15 said:

YUM YUM thanks for posting
    YUM YUM thanks for posting this. I've seen this before in emails but have never tried it. Will have to do so!!

:-)
    Natly give it a try I bet you will enjoy it.

In regards to wheat flour I have not used it with wheat flour so if anyone tries it let us know how it turns out.

RE
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Thank You, dear RE!!!
    I can fully appreciate the taste of chocolate these days, and remembered your chocolate cake for one. Just kept forgetting to go hunt for it. So, thank you for posting it again. Am going to share with my sister.
  • girls4444
    girls4444 Member Posts: 34
    coffee cup cake - quick and easy
    my teenage daughter has a simple and quick way to make this
    a few teaspoons of any cake mix
    a few drops of water (depending on if you like it dry or gooey.
    chocolate chips
    microwave
    It is delicious for cravings