Pet/Cat scan results

hilde451
hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member
Hi Everyone:

I went to see my Oncologist on St Patrick's day and my pet/cat scan was clear. So I was thrilled about that.
So I have to do a regular cat scan before June 9th. Then he will see me again on June 9th.
So far so good. I still wonder about things. Why is it you can not get it out of your mind.
You have a pain and wonder and then your mind goes crazy with the thinking what is wrong.
I asked him about the stage I am if that is still the same and he said yes, that I am still considered stage 4. I had bone marrow involvement.
I am wondering even if you do a scan how do they know that your bone marrow is clean.
He wants my port to stay in considering my past history.
So be it. I guess we will see.
Leslie how did your scan come out. I would like to know and hope you got good news that day too.
Please let me know.
Hilde

Comments

• merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    Good news
    Hi Hilde,
    So glad to hear about your scan results and congratulations. How are you feeling? I had a clean PET scan on March 9th after my 6 rounds of R CHOP. I know how you feel. I felt really relieved and thankful but at the same time fearful. I will have the Zevalin in early April and bone marrow biopsy this coming Weds. I asked my MD if he thought it would show up and he said no, that although they cannot see the bone marrow on the scans the drugs that I had go to the bone marrow first so if my scan was clear there are 50 to 1 odds in favor of the bone marrow being clean. I pray that is true. I am not looking forward to another bone marrow biopsy or any more drugs but the Zevalin looks so promising. Best of luck.
    Mary
  • hilde451
    hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member

Good news
    Hi Hilde,
    So glad to hear about your scan results and congratulations. How are you feeling? I had a clean PET scan on March 9th after my 6 rounds of R CHOP. I know how you feel. I felt really relieved and thankful but at the same time fearful. I will have the Zevalin in early April and bone marrow biopsy this coming Weds. I asked my MD if he thought it would show up and he said no, that although they cannot see the bone marrow on the scans the drugs that I had go to the bone marrow first so if my scan was clear there are 50 to 1 odds in favor of the bone marrow being clean. I pray that is true. I am not looking forward to another bone marrow biopsy or any more drugs but the Zevalin looks so promising. Best of luck.
    Mary

Zevalin
    I have read a lot about the Zevalin before I did it. But if it puts me in remission for a number of years it will all be worth it. it is always on your mind. I try to not think about things but there are days that I think about all of it.
    It feels like it has been a long haul. As to how I am feeling, for the most part pretty good. A bit tired, but then my blood work is still down too low yet.
    So I contribute it to that.
    Mary how are you feeling about it all. I am sure you wont regret doing the Zevalin. It is a bit scary but so are the whole treatments when we have to do them, when I read the side effects it was not as bad as the Rituxin that we had. So that is a plus.
    I wish you all the luck and dont be scared. It really isnt as scary as it seems.
    Hilde
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    Pet/Ct results
    Hi Hilde,

Yes, I too got good news on clear results on my CT scan. I'm hoping my Onc will let me do a PET/CT in 3 or 4 months. He doesn't like my doing them because I have a history of false positives on every scan to date. But I still will feel more reassured with a clean PET also.

I'm so happy your results were clear too. St Patrick's Day was a good day for both of us. Here's to a long remission and good health for our futures.
    Leslie