Another surgery? Not even

Options
debbie1162
debbie1162 Member Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a mastectomy on the left and reduction of right when we done implant switch. They are not even. Have anyone had this happen? I think I now have the blues.

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    I had a lumpectomy, so, I
    I had a lumpectomy, so, I can't answer your question. Just wanted you to know that others will post that have been thru a mastectomy. Sending you hugs!
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Hi, I had a mastectomy on
    Hi, I had a mastectomy on the left with DIEP flap reconstruction. I still need to have the final surgery, reduction and lift on the right, nipple on the left. Currently I have two very different shaped breasts and sizes. I can't find a bra that fits both breasts so I have to make do. This issue I am hoping will get resolved in the final surgery however I do understand your concern and feelings around it.

I do know that with implants in one breast it is difficult to get both breasts to look the same. Have you been able to talk to your plastic surgeon about this? I think she/he should know and see if there is anything that can be done. It is worth it because you have to live with this for the rest of your life. Best wishes on this.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Talk to your surgeon
    You may have to endure another surgery, but your insurance should cover it if it is to make your breasts look more symmetrical after your mastectomy.

HUGS,
    Cindy