post-chemo question

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Its exactly 2 months past last chemo and last night and this morning, I'm having that metal taste in my mouth again. Does chemo leave the body in stages, like bursts here and there? My stomach is still not right. Its almost like its a "chemo week" again.

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Me Too
    My last chemo was on the 26th of Feb and I am still having issues with my stomach not quite being right. I still get nausea sometimes too. Things don't quite taste right either. I had my first (every three weeks) dose of Herceptin yesterday and found myself taking a Zofarn last night I was hoping things would be better after chemo but looks like it is just going to take awhile for it all to get out fo my system.

Sending hugs

Donna
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Me Too
    My last chemo was on the 26th of Feb and I am still having issues with my stomach not quite being right. I still get nausea sometimes too. Things don't quite taste right either. I had my first (every three weeks) dose of Herceptin yesterday and found myself taking a Zofarn last night I was hoping things would be better after chemo but looks like it is just going to take awhile for it all to get out fo my system.

Sending hugs

Donna

Good questions, ladies.
    I'm about 6 weeks out and no issues yet, except for the fact that my eyelashes are totally gone now! The issue I'm dealing with is a mental issue.... is it always going to be that every little ache and pain means you think the cancer is back?
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    I also finished chemo about
    I also finished chemo about 6 wks ago. I believe that it must linger in your body for awhile. I too have spells of chemo conditions such as upset stomach, aches, weakness and nausea. It must take awhile for the strong chemo chemcials to leave the body. I keep drinking lots of fluids to keep hydrated and hopefully flush out the drugs. I do have to say though each day is better, but occasionally the side effects sneak up on me. I'm just so glad chemo is over! Live life to the fullest:)
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    MGNS said:

I also finished chemo about
    I also finished chemo about 6 wks ago. I believe that it must linger in your body for awhile. I too have spells of chemo conditions such as upset stomach, aches, weakness and nausea. It must take awhile for the strong chemo chemcials to leave the body. I keep drinking lots of fluids to keep hydrated and hopefully flush out the drugs. I do have to say though each day is better, but occasionally the side effects sneak up on me. I'm just so glad chemo is over! Live life to the fullest:)

My last chemo was Dec 11, 2009 and
    I feel very normal now. I was extremely sick the whole time I was on chemo and lost 30 lbs. (which that part was great) Of course it took about a month from the chemo sickness to go away and then the eyelashes and brows started coming out and my nails starting having those horrible ridges (still having ridges growing in the new nail growth) and started having some mild signs of neuropathy in my middle toes. Hair is coming back...everywhere. Eyebrows/lashes coming back.

But other than that, my appetite totally returned, no funny taste, and my energy is great but not long lasting. In the evening I'm tired. But I do catch virus's easily and am currently taking antibiotics for some bug. My onc said when I see her the end of March I should be ready for a sensible weight loss program.

It's been 3 months for me, hope you guys are doing as well at your 3 mo mark. About the worry about every ache and pain...I try and brush those thoughts away, I can't let myself live in constant fear. I refuse to let the beast take over anymore of my life than it already has. What will be, will be. In the meantime, I'm not turning down any moment for fun, love or happiness. I'll nver be the same again, but I was never the same after I got married, had a baby, got divorced, worked as a single mother, met the man of my dreams 39 years ago, lost my parents, my brother, dear friends, life changes us and we can never go back. I'm 67, my body will never be like it was when I was 20, 30 etc. But I still have as much fun as I ever did and once again I'm changed, but as always, once again I'm smarter.

Lets all enjoy our new status...it's "doable"!

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Me Too

Sending hugs

Donna

Hoping you feel better
    Hoping you feel better soon.

Leeza