It's official - I'm a Klutz!

cindycflynn
cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
As I headed upstairs to the bathroom yesterday to slather some more lotion on my irradiated boob, I tripped over my own two feet and, since my hands were in my pockets (not too bright), I landed with the edge of one stair right on my boob (yes, the affected one)! OUCH!!!

I don't think I did any real damage, and it doesn't look bruised, but it did wake me up in the middle of the night last night when I rolled over in my sleep. I can't put ice on it since I'm forbidden to do that because of the radiation.

Sigh.....

Other than that, the radiation is going fine so far, after 3 whole days!

Comments

• Cairmaid
    Cairmaid Member Posts: 64
    Ouch!
    OMG I can imagine how much that hurt! :-(

If it hurt bad enough to wake you up, please keep an eye on it...and tell the doctor. There may be some internal bruising that won't be visible for a few days, if at all.

Glad the radiation is going OK.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    You must be my long lost twin!
    I am forever doing something to my 'affected' boobie. Maybe subconsciously getting back at it!

Sue
  • Jacque101
    Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
    Speaking of Ouch...
    A few days after my core biospy I had a pet scan. Nice looking young male tech was walking me back to the lobby. We came upon some big massive wooden double doors with the auto door opener. As I was gazing into his beautiful blue eyes while we did the chit-chat thing, I did pay attention that he was pushing that big big button on the wall to open the doors. He must have also been enchanted w/ my big green eyes, because he forgot to warn me that the darn doors opened into the area where we were standing. I was about 1 inch too close to the doors..about took my boobie off. I did a scream and he didn't know what to do. Guess he'll pay attention next time. I believe he learned a good lesson from an old woman w/ a broken boob that day.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Had this been part of a
    Had this been part of a movie or a sitcom, we would have laughed out loud at the klutzi-nes of the character.But NO! It happened to one of our own here on the boards~ not funny at all! OUCH~ hope you are feeling better soon!

Gentle, non-squeezing hugs,

Chen♥
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Oh, Cindy...
    ...that is absolutely something I would do, so try not to feel too bad about being a klutz!

Just to be safe, I really would call your rads center first thing tomorrow morning and let them know what happened and ask to see the nurse or doctor when you go in tomorrow. I do think they should know about it.

Picture me giving you one of those I'm-Trying-Not-to-Stand-Too-Close-To-You-So-I-Don't-Hurt-You-But-My-Arms-Aren't-Really-Long-Enough Hugs,

Traci
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    I can relate
    When I had my tissue expanders-I kept running them into door frames. Fortunately they were pretty numb because I did it a lot!

El
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member

I can relate
    When I had my tissue expanders-I kept running them into door frames. Fortunately they were pretty numb because I did it a lot!

El

Oh, you're not alone with
    Oh, you're not alone with that title. I call it tripping around the kitchen when there's nothing in the kitchen to trip over but my own feet. Keep an eye on it and tell your docs to make sure you didn't damage any tissue in there.

Hope it feels better soon.
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member

I can relate

El

Me, too
    While sitting at a table and leaning forward to do a jigsaw puzzle, I kept pressing my numbed-out expanders against the table edge without realizing it. Pretty soon -- yeowch!
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Ouch!
    Sometimes it seems like the sore spot gets all the wrong attention! Hope you tender side gets better soon...or at least doesn't get worse. Blessings...
    Julie
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    that hurt
    that hurt me just reading it.
    Hope all is better now.
    Cat
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    It Must Be Comforting - You're not alone
    It must be comforting to know that you are not alone. Makes it easier to bear the hurt. Can you take Excedrin or Aleve to dissipate the OUCH? I did finish rads but I don't know the answer to my own question?

Hugs,
    Janelle

P.S. I am so proud that I finally wrote a short response to a posting.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I'm fine
    ...other than still being a Klutz (for me it's definitely spelled with a capital K), but I've actually known that about myself for a very long time already.

I saw both my radiation oncologist and my medical oncologist today, and neither was concerned. It only bruised a very small bit, and doesn't really bother me any more.

6 rads down and still doing well so far.

Thanks for all the sympathy from my pink sisters!

Cindy