From Chemo to New Grandbaby in 4 hours

Jacque101
Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I made it to the delievery of my newest Grandbaby. Cayden March 18, 2010 7 lb 2 oz Stacy and Cayden doing great. Meme (that's me) was on a chemo high and did great. I just realize that chemo can either put you to bed or chemo can let you be in control and watch the birth of our 12th grandchild. Did I mention we have 7 children so the ratio isn't too bad considering. The pictures will be posted to my expressions when I figure that out. Thank you to my oncologist who let me start chemo several hours earlier than planned this morning. I rested on the ride home and now I'm wired for the night. Thank you, friends for letting me share.

Comments

• Cairmaid
    Cairmaid Member Posts: 64
    Congratulations!
    Wonderful that you were able to make to Cayden's birthday party! :-) Wow, grandbaby #12...an even dozen!
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Enjoy
    Enjoy your new grandbaby. Can't wait for the pics.

P
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    Congratulations!! That is
    Congratulations!! That is the sweetest news, that is, getting to see the birth of your grandchild despite just having chemo. How lovely! Baby's always put one on a high, they are so sweet and their energy so pure. Enjoy!!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Congratulations, babies
    Congratulations, babies always put life in perpective. Celebrate your 12th. Wow! Babies are
    Gifts from God. Enjoy that beautiful gift.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    natly15 said:

Congratulations, babies
    Congratulations, babies always put life in perpective. Celebrate your 12th. Wow! Babies are

congratualtions. a glimmer
    congratualtions. a glimmer of light during a difficult journey, one more thing to look foward to see him growup. !11
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    natly15 said:

Congratulations, babies

congratualtions. a glimmer
    congratualtions. a glimmer of light during a difficult journey, one more thing to look foward to see him growup. !
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Now, that's what one would
    Now, that's what one would call an eventful day!! I'm so glad that you made it in time to witness this miracle. Enjoy your new grandbaby!
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Congratulations MeMe!
    What a great name that is. Wow, quite an eventful day it was for you! My goodness! Chemo and a new Grandbaby! Hopefully you are resting now & drinking lots of liquids?
    ♥ Cat
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Cat64 said:

Congratulations MeMe!
    What a great name that is. Wow, quite an eventful day it was for you! My goodness! Chemo and a new Grandbaby! Hopefully you are resting now & drinking lots of liquids?
    ♥ Cat

Congratulations!!
    Wishing you, baby and your daughter easy healing and fast recovery! Celebrate and enjoy each other.
    New Flower
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

Congratulations!!
    Wishing you, baby and your daughter easy healing and fast recovery! Celebrate and enjoy each other.
    New Flower

Congratulations on your new
    Congratulations on your new grandbaby, an even dozen. You're way ahead of me, I only have 5 grandchildren, only had 2 sons, so guess I'm doing okay. Hope you get to spend a lot of time with this new one and the rest of your dozen. Bet there will be a big celebration when you get thru all your treatment.
  • debbie1162
    debbie1162 Member Posts: 36
    A reminder
    of what we focus on to keep us positive thru the trails of life: FAMILY. Congratulations!
  • Jacque101
    Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
    Thank you...
    I must still be on that "chemo high". I didn't get to sleep last night/this morning until 3AM. My mind just kept replaying what I witnessed earlier in the day. I even drove myself to get my day after shot. Of course I had to stop by the hospital before heading home. The sun was out and shinning bright. A glimmer of God everywhere.
    I got to change two poop diapers and got the first boy sprinkle on my shirt - I must not have that reaction time I had when by boys were babies. Slow Meme's get wet.

Jacki
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Jacque101 said:

Thank you...
    I must still be on that "chemo high". I didn't get to sleep last night/this morning until 3AM. My mind just kept replaying what I witnessed earlier in the day. I even drove myself to get my day after shot. Of course I had to stop by the hospital before heading home. The sun was out and shinning bright. A glimmer of God everywhere.
    I got to change two poop diapers and got the first boy sprinkle on my shirt - I must not have that reaction time I had when by boys were babies. Slow Meme's get wet.

Jacki

Congratulations!
    Sounds like the baby is "just what the doctor ordered" for you! Enjoy your new grandson!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    aztec45 said:

Enjoy
    Enjoy your new grandbaby. Can't wait for the pics.

P

Congrats on the new
    Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Leeza