SAD AND DISAPPOINTED ON MY CT SCAN

DESTINY27
DESTINY27 Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just got back from my oncologist today to follow up on my CT scan. I had second round on Texatare and Xaloda but my scan showed that the cocktail didn't work. In fact, the other tumor gets bigger about an inch. I was givin another chemo today, I don't even know the name, I was so disappointed. Has anybody had this exprience? First chemo didn't work? Please advice, I am so scared.

thank for your help.

Nina

Comments

• Kathy09
    Kathy09 Member Posts: 99
    I havn't
    I have in the past read of others who had the same problem, some of them switched drugs a couple times, sorry to hear that kind of news. We're here with you.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    CT Scan
    Hello, Nina, I am sorry to hear of the disappointing scan today. I think it is not uncommon for adjustments or changes to be made. I recently read a post on another board by someone who had 3 different chemo treatments before the most effective one was found. It just took more time to find the most effective chemo.

Others will chime in soon and give you specific info based on their experience. I hope you are feeling at least a little less scared and that this new chemo works much better.
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    in my prayers...
    Nina,
    I am new to the breast cancer world, but have been in the colon cancer world since 2004. I know they have standard protocols and when one does not work-it is on to the next. I could tell you in the colon world what the next choice would be ... I am a newbie here and learning it still. I wanted you to know I am wishing you peace and comfort...I will be keeping you in my prayers.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Hugs~Hugs~Hugs~
    Hello Nina, I am so sorry that your results were what you were hoping for. I too have not had this experience but I can tell you that I have had my chemo's adjusted throughout treatments as a result of blood work and cancer markers. It is a scary thing this cancer, but try to rise above (trust me I know it's hard) the fear and know that your doctor is doing what is best for you. I would call his office though and ask what the new chemo is and what the side effects are for that type of chemo just so you can be on the look out and know what to look for. It's doable Nina, hang in there we're here for you!

RE
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Moopy23 said:

CT Scan
    Hello, Nina, I am sorry to hear of the disappointing scan today. I think it is not uncommon for adjustments or changes to be made. I recently read a post on another board by someone who had 3 different chemo treatments before the most effective one was found. It just took more time to find the most effective chemo.

Others will chime in soon and give you specific info based on their experience. I hope you are feeling at least a little less scared and that this new chemo works much better.

I am so sorry. I know you
    I am so sorry. I know you are disappointed. Praying that the new chemo will work.