Come celebrate with me...a new grandson

Jacque101
Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
On Thursday, March 18, I'll be getting my 4th chemo treatment then I'll be rushing over to the hospital to welcome a new Grandson into the world. Our youngest daughter will be induced on Thursday, I plan to be there and watch that new life enter into this world. I have re-scheduled my chemo for several hours earlier in the day so I can hopefully get to the hospital in time to be with my daughter. From previous experience, I'm drained and tired after chemo...and hoping this time the occassion will boost the energy level. I have my doctors face mask and hand sanitizer packed and ready. Stacy said if I got tired I could climb into bed with her...NO THANKS...the nurses might get confused and I could end up with a new baby. I prefer being the MeMe to spoil him then send him home.
Jacki

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Congrats, nothing is better
    Congrats, nothing is better than Grandchildren.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    YEAH!!!!
    I LOVE GRANDKIDS! How very exciting, I do hope you will post a photo of the arrival when you are up to it! Congratulations to all of you!

Hugs

RE
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Awesome
    That sounds like pure joy, seeing the Grand Baby. They are so soft and smell so good. Take care, the both of you.

P
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Woohooo!
    What a great day it will be!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Wonderful News!!! Nothing
    Wonderful News!!! Nothing like a baby to lift spirits, particularly so when it's your GRANDBABY. Congrats! As Re suggested, please post a photo when you are up to it so we can also share some of your excitement. May God most richly bless your new grandson and your family.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Jacki, that sounds like the
    Jacki, that sounds like the perfect ending to a chemo day. Enjoy your beautiful grandbaby and post a picture when you can. Congrats!!!
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    MyTurnNow said:

Jacki, that sounds like the
    Jacki, that sounds like the perfect ending to a chemo day. Enjoy your beautiful grandbaby and post a picture when you can. Congrats!!!

Grandchildren are
    The BEST!!! What's the line...if I knew how fun grandchildren were I would have had them first??!! So very true!

My grandson is almost three and I'm ready for more, more, more!!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    pattimc said:

Grandchildren are
    The BEST!!! What's the line...if I knew how fun grandchildren were I would have had them first??!! So very true!

My grandson is almost three and I'm ready for more, more, more!!

Sure hope you get the chemo
    Sure hope you get the chemo over with and get there to see your new grandbaby. We've been at the birth of all our grandchildren and there's nothing like it, unless its the birth of your own children. All this is so precious and another gift from God that makes life worth living. Enjoy the days to come and we know you'll be posting pics as soon as you can. Congratulations!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    RE said:

YEAH!!!!
    I LOVE GRANDKIDS! How very exciting, I do hope you will post a photo of the arrival when you are up to it! Congratulations to all of you!

Hugs

RE

Congrats! Post pics for us
    Congrats! Post pics for us to see when you can!