a new book: 100 questions & Answers about Esophageal Cancer

Options
K_ann1015
K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
A new book out:

100 Questions & Answers About Esophageal Cancer, 2nd Edition (Paperback) by P. Ginex EdD, RN, OCN

cut & paste link:
http://www.amazon.com/Questions-Answers-About-Esophageal-Cancer/dp/0763760528/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268697681&sr=1-1

I just got this book---wish I had it at the beginning of my journey. Written (in part) by a stage 3 EC survivor Bart Frazzitta (his website fightEC.org). It has both medical and patient perspectives! It is very easy to read. BArt was treated at Sloan-Kettering and most if not of the authors are from that institution.

Is there a way we can create a csn Esophageal cancer RESOURCE PAGE for all of the info we all have found/shared? just a thought...

Kim

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Shanty
    Shanty Member Posts: 12
    Options
    I have this book!
    I have this book, and yes, it is awesome! It will answer most questions you may have. I went to my local Barnes & Noble to purchase this book, they do not have it in stock. They ordered it for me and waived shipping and handling, it cost me $20.47. I do think it is well worth every penny, i must warn you though, and this is just one persons opinion, i bought the book, took it to my Dad, to educate him, and he called me later that evening and said he wished he had never read it because things didn't look to good for him. That really hurt me, because all i ever wanted to do was help him, not bring him down. This is a very informational book though, and i still highly reccomend it!
    God Bless!
    Shantel
  • K_ann1015
    K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

try this
    try going to Amazon or Barnes noble and putting in the book's name:
    100 questions & answers about Esophageal Cancer

that should work...
    kim
    (I found it interesting that the lead author P. Ginex did her Bachelors' in Nursing & Master's in public Health University of Pittsburgh!)
  • Shanty said:

I have this book!
    I have this book, and yes, it is awesome! It will answer most questions you may have. I went to my local Barnes & Noble to purchase this book, they do not have it in stock. They ordered it for me and waived shipping and handling, it cost me $20.47. I do think it is well worth every penny, i must warn you though, and this is just one persons opinion, i bought the book, took it to my Dad, to educate him, and he called me later that evening and said he wished he had never read it because things didn't look to good for him. That really hurt me, because all i ever wanted to do was help him, not bring him down. This is a very informational book though, and i still highly reccomend it!
    God Bless!
    Shantel

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Options
    All,This is a great book.
    All,

This is a great book. The folks at Sloan gave it to my dad when he went there for his second opinion. It is informative and very understandable. I would highly recommend it to patients, caregivers and family. My dad had a different response and couldn't put it down --- he felt empowered after feeling fairly helpless up to that point.

As we often say there are many paths we take with this monster and each one is individual. What works for one won't for another - but we have to try in any event.

God bless,
    Cindy