Laughter is the best medicine

Sharon_D
Sharon_D Member Posts: 55
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know from experience that when you are going thru treatment or trying to make life changing decisions, it's difficult to find humor in things. But if you can laugh out loud just one time a day, it will make a difference. For that brief few seconds, life is ok. That is why I get silly sometimes and say stupid things. It is just more fun to laugh than to think sometimes.

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Ditto!! I try to laugh at
    Ditto!! I try to laugh at every opportunity. My hubby provides a lot of comic relief as well.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Sharon
    I love to laugh. I watch comedy shows on tv all the time. My favorites are "Everybody Loves Raymond", "King of Queens", "Seinfeld" even old "MASH".
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    laurissa said:

Hi Sharon
    I love to laugh. I watch comedy shows on tv all the time. My favorites are "Everybody Loves Raymond", "King of Queens", "Seinfeld" even old "MASH".

Laugh!
    My best laughter "medicine" is America's Funniest Home Videos. It doesn't matter if I've seen the same show over and over and know exactly what happens ... I still laugh.

hugs.
    teena
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    I'm with you
    During my treatment, I made it a rule to only rent comedies from Netflix. I purged my list of all my dark, French dramas and rented only movies that were "heart warming" or eye-candy (Like Sex and the City, 29 dresses, and so on). Now, I have all the old depressing stuff back on, but I sure needed the laugh fest then.

Mimi
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Laughing
    you are so right.My 4and 5yr. old grandchildren make me laugh alot.They are so so honest.