mastectomy scars

2»

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Mederma
    Is what my dermatologist recommended for the scar left by the removal of my skin cancer. I just bought some (available at CVS), so I can't testify to how well it works yet, but it was recommended by my doctor, so once my radiation is done (the skin cancer happens to be in the radiation field, so I don't want to use anything now) I'll start using it.
  • tambow
    tambow Member Posts: 42

Mederma
    Is what my dermatologist recommended for the scar left by the removal of my skin cancer. I just bought some (available at CVS), so I can't testify to how well it works yet, but it was recommended by my doctor, so once my radiation is done (the skin cancer happens to be in the radiation field, so I don't want to use anything now) I'll start using it.

Mederma
    I used mederma following back surgery and it definitely made the colors in the scar fade!
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    tambow said:

Mederma
    I used mederma following back surgery and it definitely made the colors in the scar fade!

mederma
    Thanks for the suggestion. Several years ago I had an allergic reaction to mederma so that's no longer an option.
    I appreciate all the responses and good advice!
    Thanks, El
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    massage the incisions and i
    massage the incisions and i use palmers cocco butter lotion/oil the one for scars with vit E in it....

don't feel vain about asking your scars, just because we have them doesn't mean we have to like them
  • custom
    custom Member Posts: 7
    mastectomy scars
    I was given biafine cream while taking radiation. I continued using this even after radiation. My mastectomy scar is healing very nicely. The redness is just about gone.