hair loss with ovariectomy, arimidex?

jajicu
jajicu Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi- I just finished radiation, and finished chemo in January. My hair is barely starting to grow back and I have been advised to get an ovariectomy (due to a clotting risk with Tamoxifen). I have run across information about hair loss with menopause and with Arimidex and I am wondering if having surgery before my hair grows back condemns me to a life of baldness. Has anyone had ovariectomy and Arimidex therapy and can you share your hair regrowth experience? Thanks!

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Well I had a complete
    Well I had a complete hyterectomy a few years ago, and I'm on Arimidex now...and my hair is going back just fine. I've been off chemo since the end of Sept. and I'm just about ready to lose the wig...
    Dee
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

Well I had a complete
    Well I had a complete hyterectomy a few years ago, and I'm on Arimidex now...and my hair is going back just fine. I've been off chemo since the end of Sept. and I'm just about ready to lose the wig...
    Dee

It might happen with some,
    It might happen with some, but, I don't think it is true for everyone. The loss of Estrogen though, could promote some hair loss. Hope it doesn't affect you.