Arimidex side effects

Youcandothis
Youcandothis Member Posts: 79
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
What is your experience? Has anyone else struggled with lethargy and/or insomnia? I'm a very active person and am very unhappy that sometimes I just don't feel like getting out of my chair. Would love to hear how others deal with it, thanks!

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Youcandothis, welcome!! I
    Youcandothis, welcome!! I actually just started taking Arimidex about a month and a half ago. I haven't really noticed any side effects. I, too, am very active. I will admit there are days I just don't feel like doing my aerobics, but I make myself. I workout 5-6 times a week for one hour each time. I love it!! I also think that's what made it easier for me to get through the chemo and rads. I worked out through all my treatments. How long have you been taking Arimidex? Did you have the side effects immediately?
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    arimidex
    I have taken it for almost 19 months now, and most of the side effects I first experienced have diminished. Unfortunately, I don't want to get out my chair either, and the bad part is that I am okay with it. I do work full-time and try to keep going as if nothing has happened. But the truth is---I am always tired. Tired when I go to bed and tired when I wake up. For me, it isn't going away. I ride my bike (outside) as often as possible.
    Still feel tired. My sleep pattern is unpredictable. We just have to be strong.
  • Youcandothis
    Youcandothis Member Posts: 79
    MyTurnNow said:

Youcandothis, welcome!! I actually just started taking Arimidex about a month and a half ago. I haven't really noticed any side effects. I, too, am very active. I will admit there are days I just don't feel like doing my aerobics, but I make myself. I workout 5-6 times a week for one hour each time. I love it!! I also think that's what made it easier for me to get through the chemo and rads. I worked out through all my treatments. How long have you been taking Arimidex? Did you have the side effects immediately?

I've been on arimidex a
    I've been on arimidex a year. Only recently noticed the lethargy. I worked out a week after lumpectomy and removal of several lymph nodded, through chemo and rad. Expected to feel myself after all this time and disappointed still to have issues. Still luckier than many and intend to get all the way back!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

I don't take Arimidex, but,
    I don't take Arimidex, but, others here have and will post for you. Good luck!