goodbye hats

teresa41
teresa41 Member Posts: 471
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i finished chemo sep 17,2009 i have wore hats or bandannas since june 2009 when i had my hair buzzed, i have always had long hair before chemo, but this morning i put some gel in my hair blow dried it and out the door i went to work i am over the hats yipee!

teresa

Comments

• BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Head cover
    Good for you! I can't wait to be there! I'm almost 5 weeks past my last treatment and can't wait to see the regrowth of hair. I want to be without wig/hat this summer.
    Enjoy that hair blowing in the breeze!
    Beth
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Teresa, isn't it a great
    Teresa, isn't it a great feeling!! I have only been without head coverings for a couple of weeks myself and I love it. I am still sporting the Jamie Lee Curtis look but it's my hair, finally!! Enjoy your new found freedom and let it blow in the wind. Congratulations!!
  • Darling
    Darling Member Posts: 11
    I finished my last chemo
    I finished my last chemo treatment Oct.'09,my friend is a beautician & she suggested Nioxin,u can find it at Jcpenneys or Regis,I apllied it 2x's daily & my hair has grown really fast,I haved wore a hat or bandana in a few weeks now...My hair was always blonde,thin & straight now its jet black & very curly,Im just happy 2 have hair
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Darling said:

I finished my last chemo
    I finished my last chemo treatment Oct.'09,my friend is a beautician & she suggested Nioxin,u can find it at Jcpenneys or Regis,I apllied it 2x's daily & my hair has grown really fast,I haved wore a hat or bandana in a few weeks now...My hair was always blonde,thin & straight now its jet black & very curly,Im just happy 2 have hair

Thanks for the tip darling.
    Thanks for the tip darling. My hair seems to be coming in slow, or thats how I feel. I also have the Jamie Lee Curtis thing going on.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    You go, girl!
    All the way through, I insisted on making the whole hair loss thing as fun as possible: During chemo, I had fun buying (WAY too many!) pretty hats and scarves. Now that my hair is growing back, I'm having fun experimenting with hair products.

If you've always had long hair, you may not be familar with the shelves and shelves of pomades, lotions, and goos for short hair -- if you'd like to have some fun, stop by a beauty supply store and buy one with some outrageous name and play with your newly unveiled hair!

Traci
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Teresa
    I'm glad for you, can't wait to get there, too. Probably another few months.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    laurissa said:

Hi Teresa
    I'm glad for you, can't wait to get there, too. Probably another few months.

Teresa .. I finished 18 weeks of chemo on 12/15/09 .. I have a
    head of stubble. Can't wait to start purchasing hair products again, like my twin sister - TracinLA ... I purchased over 30 hats - and 17 scarves to help me thru the baldness of chemo .. I started last week to wear baseball caps (yes, diva based caps). I feel very comfortable in a cap, however, when dressing up - I still reach for my hats ...

Congradulations .. I can't wait to wear nothing on my scalp.

VickiSam
  • geobarb22
    geobarb22 Member Posts: 17
    inspiring me!
    All of you inspire me as I just started chemo last week and am anticipating having no hair by the end of March. I have been having fun buying do-rags, hats, and my friends convinced me to but a wig. I wear my hair somewhat short, but am still wondering what my bald head will look like.

Anyway, it is nice to hear your hair is coming back. I will check out this post on occasion when I am longing for hair. 1 week down, 17 weeks to go!
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Darling said:

I finished my last chemo

Hair regrowth
    Thanks for the tip on the products. I finished chemo 10/23/09 and am getting frustrated that the hair isn't growing faster

Judy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    BethInAz said:

Head cover
    Good for you! I can't wait to be there! I'm almost 5 weeks past my last treatment and can't wait to see the regrowth of hair. I want to be without wig/hat this summer.
    Enjoy that hair blowing in the breeze!
    Beth

Congrats Teresa! I bet you
    Congrats Teresa! I bet you looked great!