Bleeding Gums

Cat64
Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Is this a side effect of Chemo? I was caught by surprise this morning while brushing my teeth.
Cat

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    I think it can be. Did you
    I think it can be. Did you ever have any periodontal problems? If so that could be part of the problem too. I had my teeth cleaned before I started chemo and had a complete dental exam.

Wouldnt hurt to talk to your onc and maybe even your dentist.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Yes, it could definately be
    Yes, it could definately be from the chemo. The chemo is very rough on your mouth and that is why being vigilent on oral health is a must. Be sure to bring this to the attention of your onco. Also, continue to brush and floss being as gentle as you can. You'll get through this, too. Good luck!!
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    MyTurnNow said:

Yes, it could definately be
    Yes, it could definately be from the chemo. The chemo is very rough on your mouth and that is why being vigilent on oral health is a must. Be sure to bring this to the attention of your onco. Also, continue to brush and floss being as gentle as you can. You'll get through this, too. Good luck!!

Thank You
    Natly & MTN! Isn't it always something with Chemo?! I seem to trade off on side effects each time! I will call though.
    Love,
    Cat
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    Cat64 said:

Thank You
    Natly & MTN! Isn't it always something with Chemo?! I seem to trade off on side effects each time! I will call though.
    Love,
    Cat

My gums also have bled.I
    My gums also have bled.I bought a soft toothbrush and brush gently and often.Followed by a baking soda rinse.
    Deb
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Deb1969 said:

My gums also have bled.I
    My gums also have bled.I bought a soft toothbrush and brush gently and often.Followed by a baking soda rinse.
    Deb

Yeah,
    I remember back then,I bought childrens toothbrushes and used those during that time-and brushed as gently as I could..
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Yeah,
    I remember back then,I bought childrens toothbrushes and used those during that time-and brushed as gently as I could..

make sure your blood work ,
    make sure your blood work , platelets etc are ok. too