Farrah snubbed at Oscar's!!

kristasplace
kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Did anyone else notice that Farrah Fawcett was not acknowledged during the memorial portion of the Oscar's last night? I'm so angry about this! Everyone at my Oscar's party last night says it's because she was not part of the "big" screen cinema scene. This isn't true! She has been in big screen movies. Could it be they actually forgot about her, or was this a snubbing? Any ideas??

Hugs,
Krista

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    YES!!
    I did notice that!! and so was Bea Arthur! How could you snub Maude?? she was legendary!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Farah
    Yes they did forget Farah, it was mentioned on the news here. No explanation. Guess she didn't die from the "pretty disease". You find where to send an angry e-mail let me know. And where is Ryan O'Neal, don't see him promoting colon cancer awareness. Tina
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Could it be she was not a
    Could it be she was not a member of the Academy + they only show Academy members? I don't know, just guessing.
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    AnneCan said:

Could it be she was not a
    Could it be she was not a member of the Academy + they only show Academy members? I don't know, just guessing.

Farrrah
    on my local news they said the academy said they couldn't mention every one ,BS they mention the ones they want to ...
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    lcarper2 said:

Farrrah
    on my local news they said the academy said they couldn't mention every one ,BS they mention the ones they want to ...

Michael Jackson
    was mentioned and I dont think he was a member? I am very sadden about this, not only because of how she died, but she was an ICON and will always be..its sad..
  • slamb58
    slamb58 Member Posts: 31
    A lame excuse...
    I had read on abcnews.com that one of the big exec's at the Oscar organization had said there was no way they could mention everybody due to time constraints. What a crock!! How insensitive and callous is that. I think if they can't pay tribute to everybody, then don't run the tribute for anybody. If they are going to do it, they need to do it right!! I can't even imagine what the families of Farrah, Bea Arthur or Henry Gibson must be feeling.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Farrah
    They say it was an oversight, I call it unfortunate. If you want to make a difference, maybe you could write your local paper and raise that point. That might focus some attention about cancer, also it is Colon Cancer Awareness month.

I remember when she died and how the media focus was on Michael Jackson instead. I wrote a letter to the editor of my local paper and he was thrilled that someone brought that point up. While it was unfortunate that he overdosed, that was a golden opportunity to raise awareness to cancer and it was (once again) snubbed by our fascination with celebrity.
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    PhillieG said:

Farrah
    They say it was an oversight, I call it unfortunate. If you want to make a difference, maybe you could write your local paper and raise that point. That might focus some attention about cancer, also it is Colon Cancer Awareness month.

I remember when she died and how the media focus was on Michael Jackson instead. I wrote a letter to the editor of my local paper and he was thrilled that someone brought that point up. While it was unfortunate that he overdosed, that was a golden opportunity to raise awareness to cancer and it was (once again) snubbed by our fascination with celebrity.

Michael Jerkson
    Yeah, they honored a pedophile, but missed probably one of the most-known actresses of the 1970s. Go figure....
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    An outrage!
    I was VERY upset about that! It's ridiculous. She was one of the bravest people and so inspiring in sharing the story of her fight with cancer. And for goodness sake, how could Michael Jackson be considered more a part of Hollywood than Farrah? They didn't have enough time-no excuse!!!

*hugs*
    Gail