Radiation CT Scan and plan today

pinkkari09
pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good morning, so I have to tell you, my lungs are still really bad and no one has any answers. Today I have my appointment to get set up for radiation and I'm scared to death! What's going on with me, I've undergone 16 chemo treatments, already had surgery and that didn't have me feeling this way. Maybe it's all this stuff I'm reading about rads, the burning, etc... or maybe it's just another down in this roller coaster ride. I gotta tell ya, I'm sick of having cancer! Not being able to breath is really driving me crazy, they ran an antibiotic, I use an inhaler, I cough all the time and it's so painful to my incision sights, feels like I'm going to rip right open. I smoked for 25 years and never coughed, quit the day I went into surgery. They tried six times to get an I.V. in to run the die in order to look at my lungs, after six veins collapsing they just gave up. I pray it's me being paranoid, but I do wonder at times, did this beast get into my lungs? I wish they would get to the bottom of it. Anyhow, wish me luck with my radiation set up today, I know it's a painless procedure, I'm just being a baby and really getting run down. I need a vacation and rads are going to keep me at bay for 7 weeks, yuck!
~Kari

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Kari, I am sorry to read
    Kari, I am sorry to read that you continue to have some problems. I'm sending strength your way and a gentle (((HUG))) too. Set up for rads is not bad at all. Don't worry about that. Give yourself time to rest and recuperate from your surgery. Wishing for your lungs to clear up and soon!! Take care and follow your doctors orders. Good luck!!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    MyTurnNow said:

Kari, I am sorry to read
    Kari, I am sorry to read that you continue to have some problems. I'm sending strength your way and a gentle (((HUG))) too. Set up for rads is not bad at all. Don't worry about that. Give yourself time to rest and recuperate from your surgery. Wishing for your lungs to clear up and soon!! Take care and follow your doctors orders. Good luck!!

Sorry Kari. You have had a
    Sorry Kari. You have had a really rough time. The rads simulation, for me, was just giving me the tattoos and lining me up with the machine. It did take about an hour, but, it really seemed to go fast. The techs were in the room with me, as was my rads oncologist, so, there was always conversation, which made the time go faster.

Praying that your lungs clear up and that you feel better! Good luck today!
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    susie09 said:

Sorry Kari. You have had a
    Sorry Kari. You have had a really rough time. The rads simulation, for me, was just giving me the tattoos and lining me up with the machine. It did take about an hour, but, it really seemed to go fast. The techs were in the room with me, as was my rads oncologist, so, there was always conversation, which made the time go faster.

Praying that your lungs clear up and that you feel better! Good luck today!

good luck
    wishing you the best good luck!

teresa