PBR

aztec45
aztec45 Member Posts: 757
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Gals and Guys,

Before I start down the line providing my input to the other posts, I just wanted to let you know that I attended the Ford Truck PBR Bull Riding event, here, in Kansas City. I had a blast. Something about rugged men in tight-fitting jeans, you know. I even stayed afterwards to get some pics and autographs. Oh it was such fun. It is good to have fun and take your mind off of the cancer, the chemo, the side effects, and my finances for a bit. I hope everyone has had as fun a weekend as I. Take care.

P

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Don't think I know any of
    Don't think I know any of the guys riding anymore but know several that used to PBR. Unfortunately, time/years and injuries all caught up with them and they no longer compete.
    Glad you had a good time.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    I love nice buns in tight jeans
    OOhh! What fun! I'm glad that you got to really enjoy yourself.

Sue
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Rague said:

Don't think I know any of
    Don't think I know any of the guys riding anymore but know several that used to PBR. Unfortunately, time/years and injuries all caught up with them and they no longer compete.
    Glad you had a good time.

Sounds like a great time!
    Sounds like a great time! Glad you got to go!

Hugs, Leeza
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    PBR YEE HAW!
    LOL! I had to open this link I was sure it would not truly be about the PBR, you brightened my day and my husbands as i shared it with him. You see our 3 year old grandson recently has been watching the PBR and he now dearly wants to be a cowboy! We watch it on t.v. a lot so that he can see the excitement, we hope to take him there in person some day. Thanks for the smile, so glad you had a great time.

RE
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Sounds like a good time.
    Sounds like a good time. Post some pictures of those rugged men in their tight jeans. I think we all need some diversions. I liked your idea!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Sounds like a good time.
    Sounds like a good time. Post some pictures of those rugged men in their tight jeans. I think we all need some diversions. I liked your idea!!

I already got some food
    I already got some food visuals in my head thanks!!!!
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    RE said:

PBR YEE HAW!
    LOL! I had to open this link I was sure it would not truly be about the PBR, you brightened my day and my husbands as i shared it with him. You see our 3 year old grandson recently has been watching the PBR and he now dearly wants to be a cowboy! We watch it on t.v. a lot so that he can see the excitement, we hope to take him there in person some day. Thanks for the smile, so glad you had a great time.

RE

Never too young!
    He's old enough to start "larnin'" now. Well maybe not the bulls but the other 'cowboy stuff', like "ridin' n ropin'". Our sons grew up on horses (oldest was on a horse when he was 9 days old and the younger was older - 22 days). Don't remember the exact age G-daughter was first on Doe but she was about 30 days. We got her own horse for her 5th b-day (before that she shared my mare and Graps gelding with us).

Some areas actuallly have 'kiddy bull riding'. There used to be a group here that did it every 2 weeks at the barn we boarded at. (They might be still 'here' but I haven't heard anything in quite a while about them.) I think the youngest they did were either 4 or 5 up to 12. Of course the bulls were much smaller than the PBR or PRCA bulls but still they were bulls.

You might want to watch "Little (Lil) Britches Rodeos" on TV (think they're on RFD TV but not sure) with G-son. They are kids doing basically all of the rodeo events - much saner/safer than bull riding.

Would I have encouraged/allowed our sons to have gotten 'into' bull riding while they were still young enough I had a say in what they did - NO WAY THIS SIDE OF HADES! Hubby is even more adament. They did BMX, roller blade racing and football so I did allow them to do 'active' sports along with horse activities but Bull Riding would not have been allowed had we lived where it was an option when they were little.

Enjoy the PBR (Professional Bull Riding all you want and enjoy Pabst Blue Ribbon (IF you like it - I don't LOL) responsibly)!