Dorian And LeesaG

2»

Comments

• leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    dorion said:

knocked out
    Hi Gang
    Well if this is any indication of how I'm gonna feel during these cycles I'm afraid I'm not going to get much done. I am so so tired, cold as heck. I'm having a real hard time catching my breath. I think I may or may not have mantioned that I go once a week. OH I forgot to tell you, they've discharged me, I"M HOME! LOL the most important news..lol...chemo brain is starting already. I got home yesterday around 6 p.m. Meghan is so happy. My legs went down, but when I get up to walk around again, they puff back up again, I sure hope this goes away. They think the chemo will take care of that. I need home care to come in everyday with an iv drip for some sort of antibiotic, for that viral thing I caught in the hospital. I had chinese food lastnight, oh my what a tasty treat that was and then a good ole poo afterwards...lol.....well all laughing aside I need to go and lay down again, just got up to use the bathroom and took the laptop with me....love u all as always. Yes I know about Look Good, it's a wonderful place, I mentioned before that they have a program set up for people like me that can't afford a wig and they will donate one to you, they never mentioned that to me before when I went in a couple of years ago, but I"ll inquire. well must run.

Linda

So glad you're home!
    Dorothy had it right all along..."there's no place like home!"

:) Hugs and Prayers heading your way for you and Meghan!

Leesa :)
  • dorion
    dorion Member Posts: 183
    leesag said:

So glad you're home!
    Dorothy had it right all along..."there's no place like home!"

:) Hugs and Prayers heading your way for you and Meghan!

Leesa :)

Meghan is so happy
    yes Ladies it's great to be home especially with Meghan who takes such good care of me. She changes my nafrostomy dressings and does such an expert job on it. Puts lotion on my legs and feet. Makes my tea, what a kid eh? 12 years old, it's so hard to belieive. I do a little tiny bit of house work as I can. Neighbors have been over to do my dishes and clean my floors which normally I could never let that happen, this is a welcome relief. If it weren't for my legs being still puffy I"d be all over my house work, but I can only stand for an hour then they start. But it's going bit by bit, which is more that I expected, they were really scarey let me tell you. Tree trunks is what they looked like, no exageration.

Well I must go now. You know how much I love all you guys right? But I"ll always keep telling you. I hug all of you really really tight too.

Linda
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    dorion said:

Meghan is so happy
    yes Ladies it's great to be home especially with Meghan who takes such good care of me. She changes my nafrostomy dressings and does such an expert job on it. Puts lotion on my legs and feet. Makes my tea, what a kid eh? 12 years old, it's so hard to belieive. I do a little tiny bit of house work as I can. Neighbors have been over to do my dishes and clean my floors which normally I could never let that happen, this is a welcome relief. If it weren't for my legs being still puffy I"d be all over my house work, but I can only stand for an hour then they start. But it's going bit by bit, which is more that I expected, they were really scarey let me tell you. Tree trunks is what they looked like, no exageration.

Well I must go now. You know how much I love all you guys right? But I"ll always keep telling you. I hug all of you really really tight too.

Linda

Meghan
    It great that she can help with the hands on care. You should encourage her to go into nursing. It will financially secure her future and it is a noble profession...in my opinion. I may be biased, I am an RN.

I hope you continue to get stronger yet.
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    dorion said:

Meghan is so happy

Linda

Meghan
    What a kid indeed. I'm so glad you are letting those neighbors help also.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    nancy591 said:

Meghan
    It great that she can help with the hands on care. You should encourage her to go into nursing. It will financially secure her future and it is a noble profession...in my opinion. I may be biased, I am an RN.

I hope you continue to get stronger yet.

My illness has inspired my
    My illness has inspired my soon-to-graduate high school granddaughter to pursue a career in nursing. Her goal is to be an RN. She hasn't decided which "specialty" yet, though.
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member

My illness has inspired my
    My illness has inspired my soon-to-graduate high school granddaughter to pursue a career in nursing. Her goal is to be an RN. She hasn't decided which "specialty" yet, though.

WONDERFUL!
    Plenty of time to find a area she might be interested in. Nursing is so versatile. There are so many completely different fields. Best of luck to her. She should aim high..Nurse Practitioner.
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    dorion said:

Meghan is so happy

Linda

Hi Linda,
    That Meghan IS a

Hi Linda,

That Meghan IS a trooper!

I know many adult family members who don't do half of what your little-one does.

She seems to be one of many reasons you have to count your blessings.

Love,

Sharon
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    dorion said:

Meghan is so happy

Linda

Hi Linda,
    That Meghan IS a

Hi Linda,

I know many adult family members who don't do half of what your little-one does.

Love,

Sharon
  • dorion
    dorion Member Posts: 183

Hi Linda,
    That Meghan IS a

Hi Linda,

Love,

Sharon

trooper
    yes she is a trooper. My poor girl. The doctors didn't leave me surprised to say the least. I'll start new thread. ((sigh))