Please if you pray lift my friend in prayer

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My dear and favorite Pharmacist watched his wife battle breast cancer twice and survive then he had a really harsh battle with stomach cancer and came out on the living end. He worked for another few years and retired about two maybe three years ago so he and she could travel. I would ask occasionally and hear of the trips they were taking and the fun they were having. Today my daughter was in Staples and saw a woman having giant posters of him made and saying he has been taken off life support but is still with us. He was always so caring and informative during all of my cancer battles and he and I shared a wisdom the wisdom I share with all of you, we were kin in a cancer way. His name is Mel and he is a good man, my heart is breaking for him and his family. If you are a prayerful person please lift Mel in prayer that his passage from this world to the next will be a peaceful one. Thank you for listening, understanding and caring.

Always,

RE

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Of course, RE
    All the pharmacists I've ever known were the most helpful ones in my healthcare chain, especially when I couldn't get answers from docs or nurses. Your having shared so much with Mel, my prayers are also with you.

Sue
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    you got it RE
    you are a good friend.
    Cat
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    cats_toy said:

you got it RE
    you are a good friend.
    Cat

May the passing be
    May the passing be gentle.
    Stef
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    fauxma said:

May the passing be
    May the passing be gentle.
    Stef

so sad
    I"m so sorry. Dear Lord be with Mel and his family during this time of need and help them get through this with your love. AMEN.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    So sad, so sorry, dear RE...
    Your good friend, Mel, is "one of us" - doesn't matter what type of cancer, I feel.

Prayers for him, his family, his friends...

Kindest regards, Susan
  • RE

So sad, so sorry, dear RE...
    Your good friend, Mel, is "one of us" - doesn't matter what type of cancer, I feel.

Prayers for him, his family, his friends...

Kindest regards, Susan

Thank you all!
    I knew you would understand and lift Mel in prayer in his last hours, he truly is a good man and when his wife was fighting bc he would always update me knowing I understood. He and his wife have the same onco I have so I know he has had the best of care, it simply saddens me. Thank you all so much for your prayers it means a lot to me.

Hugs,

RE
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    I spend a lot of prayer time
    I spend a lot of prayer time for the sisters here...so easy to add your heartfelt plea! Praying for a peaceful passing and peace for his family.

Julie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    ^j^ ^j^
    RE

Blessings and peace to your friend Mel, and his sweet wife. We are Kindred Spirits all; cancer in any form to anyone is a crime...

Thank you for allowing us to be part of the combined thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Prayers for Mel
    I pray for your friend Mel, Re. God be with him and his family. Thank you for letting us know so that we may join in the many prayers that are no doubt being sent for this special man.
  • RE
    sbmly53 said:

Of course, RE
    All the pharmacists I've ever known were the most helpful ones in my healthcare chain, especially when I couldn't get answers from docs or nurses. Your having shared so much with Mel, my prayers are also with you.

Sue

Mel
    Thank you Sue, Mel was a wonderful Pharmacists I hating to see him retire but rejoiced for him and his wife as they certainly deserved time together. He was always wonderful during my treatments, he would even allow my 15 year old son to come in the store and get my stuff for me with extra instructions written out because he knew I was too ill to be there myself or remember anything he might tell me. Thanks again.

RE
  • RE
    cats_toy said:

you got it RE
    you are a good friend.
    Cat

:-)
    Thank you Cat for your prayers they are greatly appreciated!

RE
  • RE
    chenheart said:

^j^ ^j^
    RE

Blessings and peace to your friend Mel, and his sweet wife. We are Kindred Spirits all; cancer in any form to anyone is a crime...

Thank you for allowing us to be part of the combined thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Kindred Spirits
    I agree Chen it does not matter the cancer we are all have walked a similar path and understand each other. Thank you so much for your kind words for Mel and his wife, I was hoping he would have many years to spend with her after retirement but it was not to be.

Hugs,

RE
  • RE
    Moopy23 said:

Prayers for Mel
    I pray for your friend Mel, Re. God be with him and his family. Thank you for letting us know so that we may join in the many prayers that are no doubt being sent for this special man.

Prayers for Mel
    Moopy thank you for lifting my friend in prayer, as a Pharmacist in his lifetime he has helped many now it is our turn to do what we can for him and prayer is a powerful thing.

Hugs,

RE
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Mel and his family
    are in my thoughts and prayers.

Victoria
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    aisling8 said:

Mel and his family
    are in my thoughts and prayers.

Victoria

Thinking of both you and your friend and pharmacist this evening.
  • RE
    My most sincerest thanks and hugs.
    I learned today that Mel has passed away, he will be greatly missed. Thank you all again for all kind words and prayers.

♥ RE ♥
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Prayer for Mel............
    I pray that God holds him, gently in the palm of his hand....and prayer for his family to have the strength to endure his passing........and to you, a true friend!
    Peace be with you
    Nancy