I MADE IT THROUGH CHEMO SORTA

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well I had my last chemo last Friday. My onc changed my chemo to Abraxane because of the side effects I was having with FEC 100 and again I had Big "D" and nausea with the Abraxane. She wanted me to have three more sessions of the Abraxane but my old body is just to sensitive. So all together I got six sessions of three different kinds of chemo(3-TCH, 2 - FEC 100 and 1 of Abraxane). I cried when I told my husband they were going to let me stop. First time I have cried since I found out I had cancer. I will start again with the Herceptin every 3 weeks. Next infusion of Herceptin is on the 19th of March.

Now I have to look at a possible surgery to remove more lymph nodes and then rads.

Thanks for all of your support.

Donna

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Were they happy tears?
    When you say they were going to "let you stop" sounds like a relief for you. I don't blame you after all the problems you've gone through. Hopefully they chemo did it's job and you're well on your way to recovery!
  • BlownAway60
    Mama G said:

Were they happy tears?
    When you say they were going to "let you stop" sounds like a relief for you. I don't blame you after all the problems you've gone through. Hopefully they chemo did it's job and you're well on your way to recovery!

You better believe it
    I don't think it has really sunk in yet but I am ready for the rest of it with this part behind me.

Thanks

Donna
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Mama G said:

Were they happy tears?

You got the smorgasboard of
    You got the smorgasboard of chemo. Your body hated it mine was very similar. you will feel better soon. I hope you are at peace. and now move on to the rest and get this behind you . How did you do with herceptin? congrats BTW!!!!!!!
  • BlownAway60
    carkris said:

You got the smorgasboard of
    You got the smorgasboard of chemo. Your body hated it mine was very similar. you will feel better soon. I hope you are at peace. and now move on to the rest and get this behind you . How did you do with herceptin? congrats BTW!!!!!!!

Thanks carkris
    I do okay with Herceptin. I will have to have MUGA scans probably every 2-3 months for the year that I have to take it but they are doable. They will also consider the time I was taking it with my first onc. So I will be done with Herceptin in Nov 10.

Donna
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Am Glad
    I am glad that you are finished with the rough chemo cocktail. Those are some chemo drugs I have not heard of and I bet they were nasty ones too. It's good to cry. Sometimes your body just cries, "Thank God that BS is over". So now it is on to the next phase. Take a break so you will be ready.

Take care,

P
  • Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
    My one friend had troubles
    My one friend had troubles like you, she ended up only getting 4 chemos, then the herceptin. She's done w/ the Herceptin now. She also had rads. She's doing fine.

Good luck to you!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    So glad that's behind you
    Donna, you had such a rough road with your chemo, I'm sure it must be a huge relief to have it in your past.

Once you gain your strength back from the final round, do something to celebrate this huge milestone. You have earned a day (actually a lot more than a day) of pampering after all you've been through.

Thanks for keeping us posted and hope there will be much easier days ahead for you!

(((HUGZ)))
    Cindy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    aztec45 said:

I Am Glad
    I am glad that you are finished with the rough chemo cocktail. Those are some chemo drugs I have not heard of and I bet they were nasty ones too. It's good to cry. Sometimes your body just cries, "Thank God that BS is over". So now it is on to the next phase. Take a break so you will be ready.

Take care,

P

Glad you are done with
    Glad you are done with chemo! Good luck with the rest of your treatment.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    WONDERFUL!
    That is truly good news, keep your chin up you are doing great so very happy for you.

RE
  • BlownAway60
    aztec45 said:

I Am Glad

Take care,

P

Nurse told me with all
    Nurse told me with all of them that I was getting a really strong dose. TCH = Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin. FEC = 5-Fluorouracil, Epirubicin and Cyclophsphamide. Lastly Abraxane and Herceptin.

Thanks

Donna
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Donna, I'm glad you had your
    Donna, I'm glad you had your tears of joy, you so deserved them!! You had a tough time of it, but YOU did it!! COngratulations on being done with that portion of your treatments. Hoping for an easier time with the rest. Good luck and go celebrate!!!
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Hang in there Donna! You
    Hang in there Donna! You are going to get through all of this nonsense. It just takes time. Good luck with the next phase. You are a resilient woman with a wonderful husband to support you. I am wishing you only the best, Pitt
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    RE said:

WONDERFUL!
    That is truly good news, keep your chin up you are doing great so very happy for you.

RE

Hi Donna
    Donna, I am glad that you are done with chemo! Wishing you the best with the rest of your treatments.

HUGS
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    pitt said:

Hang in there Donna! You
    Hang in there Donna! You are going to get through all of this nonsense. It just takes time. Good luck with the next phase. You are a resilient woman with a wonderful husband to support you. I am wishing you only the best, Pitt

wishing you the best
    wishing you the best donna.

good luck.

teresa
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    teresa41 said:

wishing you the best

good luck.

teresa

Congratulations, Donna.
    Congratulations, Donna. This has been a rough road, and now you can move on to the next phase. Hang in there, girl. This too shall pass. We are here when you need us. Hugs, Judy
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    teresa41 said:

wishing you the best

good luck.

teresa

Congrats Donna!
    Congrats Donna!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    jnl said:

Congrats Donna!
    Congrats Donna!

Congratulations Donna
    Wishing you speedy recovery from Chemo and praying you will feel better soon.
    Celebrate!
    New Flower
  • BlownAway60
    Thanks for all the well wishes
    I am doing okay today. Still having a little nausea and Big "D" but almost out of that. My eyes are better now but the mouth sores are coming back. I had a little nerve stuff going on in my legs last night but all in all my attitude is 100% positive.

Bring it on I am ready.

Always

Donna